Project Accountant - 9mth FTC
Senior Technical Accountant (9 month fixed-term contract)
Crewe, United Kingdom (Flexible Working)
Assurant is a global business services company that protects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world's leading brands to develop solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Accounting, you will prepare the underwriting and taxation data in the company’s general ledger, ensuring accuracy and completeness and in accordance with the monthly reporting timetables.
You will ensure adequate controls are maintained through the preparation of balance sheet and underwriting reconciliations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reconciliation of general ledger interfaces to cash transactions, profitability reports and other source system reporting
- Reconciliation of VAT & IPT liabilities. Working with the Tax Dept as required
- Development of improved controls to ensure that all manual and automated entries are correct and include the correct level of detail.
- Calculation and recording of accrued income and expenditure including client profit shares.
- Review of period end provisions for unearned premium, deferred expenses, outstanding claims and IBNR to ensure that they have been correctly recorded and set at the appropriate level. Follow up as necessary with actuarial and underwriting staff.
You will have the following experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and a high level of technical proficiency
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Good accounting skills with a desire to develop new solutions
- Credible with finance managers and senior management
- Experience of working in a finance team within a mid to large sized organisation
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Schemes
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Program
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world's top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we're united by our enduring values of, common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we'll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application