Associate Accountant (9 month fixed term)
Associate Accountant (9-month fixed term)
Crewe, United Kingdom (Flexible Working)
Reporting to the US Reporting Manager, you will support European US Financial Reporting Team in their commitment to deliver timely and accurate financial results to our US parent.
You will be part of the Financial Control team and as such there is strong focus on quality numbers, continual improvement whilst dealing with a complex group structure, multi-currency and delivering to deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and maintaining accounting records, such as: financial ledgers, journal entry, preparation and review of trial balance, reconciliation of local to US GAAP balances and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ledger data transformation, supporting the transformation of local results through to our US GAAP business units with a focus on data quality and accuracy.
- Ledger control and maintenance, supporting the wider European team through operating of central controls and ledger updates. Tasks include period control and account code creation.
- Foreign currency exchange rate application and revaluation of ledgers; upload of monthly rates, running revaluation processes and checking outputs.
- Systems and procedure development, such as: involvement in the design, development, and implementation of new or replacement systems and procedures; review of existing systems and processes as part of an internal or operational audit; involvement in Finance change and project work
You will have the following experience:
- Education – AAT qualification preferable but minimum requirements is A-Levels or alternative.
- Previous Experience – previous work experience in a comparable finance role for at least two or more years. Ideally this experience will have been gained in a comparable corporate business or industry.
- Excellent numerical skills,
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel,
- Working knowledge of financial ledger systems,
- Analytical mindset.
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Schemes
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Program
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!