HR Service Associate
The HR Services Associate is responsible for the accurate and timely administration of Assurant’s HR processes and for providing first level inquiry support (phone, email, case work, and chat/IM) to managers, employees and retirees regarding HR policies, plans and processes. This role is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and enhancing the employee experience.
Primary Job Accountabilities/
Indicate % of time devoted to each accountability (should total 100%). Describe the scope of duties involved in each area of responsibility/ accountability. If the responsibility spans the Assurant enterprise or has regional responsibilities, please indicate so.
Generally, include the top 10-12 accountabilities/ responsibilities.
- HR Process Administration and Inquiry Support (85%)
- Provides Tier 1 administrative support to accurately complete Assurant’s HR transactional processes. Activities include following all defined process steps, validation and reconciliation of data, and ensuring all necessary data entry and system updates are completed across the full spectrum of HR processes including but not limited to Employee Data Management, Talent Management, Compensation, Health and Wellness Benefits and Retirement Benefits processes.
- Effectively uses case management and knowledgebase tools to resolve, log, track and escalate employee, manager or retiree inquiries.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Works closely with employees, managers, HR, Payroll and other business teams as needed to ensure processes are completed timely and accurately.
- Completes and maintains on all required training on HR policies, programs, processes and procedures.
- Maintains established service levels for handling calls, emails, case work and chat/IM transactions.
- Achieves and maintains defined proficiency levels across all HR processes within defined training plan guidelines meeting experience level expectations, becoming fully proficient within 90 days.
- Actively contributes to HR Services ongoing process improvement initiatives.
- Acts as a “change champion” for HR by explaining the benefits of new or revised HR processes with employees, managers and retirees.
- Supports US and international employees (i.e. Canada)
- Special Projects (15%)
- Actively participates in annual HR programs and special projects such as open enrollment, ESPP, systems implementations and upgrades, Plan changes, acquisitions, reductions in force, process improvement initiatives etc.
- Through projects develops additional subject matter expertise in HR programs.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelors degree or in progress preferred (or commensurate experience)
- Possesses strong problem solving skills
- Collaborates well with others
- Possesses strong customer service and communication skills. Must be able to adjust to meet differing inquiry communication styles and needs.
- Is able to work independently
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/