Do you thrive in environments where building rapport and relationships are your main priority? The read on - we are on the search for an energetic and eager people’s person to join our tight knit team based out of Auckland for a 12-month parental leave cover.
Working with our key clients and distributers you will travel nationally to build and maintain relationships and help to arm salespeople with the confidence they need to drive sales and performance.
What does a normal day look like?
Each day starts with a virtual team catch-up where you and your colleagues will have a chat and discuss what’s on the agenda for the day.
Following that every day could be different! Some days you will drive to local stores and check in to see how they are going, discuss sales figures and provide one-on-one coaching. Other days you may be flying across the country to client stores and warehouses and providing training and coaching on a new product.
A common theme each day will be the focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with client and distributer representatives, whilst being supported by the team.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Maintain, manage and help grow client relationships through developing and implementing an active client engagement plan
- Identify & outline key milestones - guide and coach colleagues as required to help with implementation
- Planning for the medium to long term, ensuring your existing customers' accounts are regularly reviewed, planned for, and always be thinking ahead as to how you can grow the business and add mutual value
- Support client/s within the specified territory to implement new products, updates and changes
- Observe in-store sales pitch and messaging and provide training as needed to ensure this is compliant and to maximize sales opportunities
- Coordinate with compliance team to ensure all compliance requirements, including training is completed on time
- Ensure all required in-store messaging and advertising is displayed, communicated effectively, and made available to all consumers
- Complete mystery shopping when required and report findings to both the business and client
- Keep up to date with industry and local developments, keep business updated and provide recommendations, including monitoring consumer behaviours and buying patterns helping create new products and sales strategies
Does this sound like you?
- A natural ability to build rapport, maintain and build relationships
- Account or relationship management experience (preferred, but not essential)
- Able to work in a structured and organised way, but hold the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing environments and schedules
- A high performer who can effectively engage with a wide range of audiences including our clients and their employees, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Can manage your time independently to ensure your goals are met
- Confident and engaging when speaking in front of a group
- Enjoy working autonomously, as well as engaging with peers to look for ways to improve and learn
Why work with Assurant?
Everyone at Assurant, no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world is united by our uncompromising values. That’s why we created a culture where you’re free to bring thoughtful, caring attention to each customer or client, internally or externally. Whatever your position, your innovative thinking, common sense, integrity and actionable solutions, can make a real difference.
With more than 100 years industry expertise, we are trusted by over 300 million consumers worldwide and we handle more than 16.6 million unique policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
When you join Assurant you will be part of a community that cares. A fun, diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
We offer a competitive salary, volunteering opportunities, training and development, as well as other benefits
Please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role. Don't miss your opportunity to be part of this successful team, apply now!
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.