At Assurant a Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity. We are looking for a thoughtful, adaptive individual with a growth mindset to join our growing team.
In this role, you will work closely with our product teams to create APIs and web applications to serve customers with an engaging, dynamic user experience. We are looking for people with expertise in .net and Angular 6+. Responsibilities include solving problems, experimenting, and building features that we measure for value to our users. Candidates must have strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, sound judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Build scalable, highly reliable product features
- Design, implement, and maintain applications used by both mobile and desktop clients
- Work closely with business stakeholders to build high-throughput systems
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to code
- Work in a collaborative environment by occasionally pair and/or mob programming
- Evaluate technical capabilities, options and strategies
- Communicating with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to build technical solutions
- Work in a cadence of two-week sprints with daily stand-ups and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Grow subject matter expertise in programming, product, and platform
- C# expertise
- 2+ years of .net/.net core
- 1+ years of Angular 6+ experience
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Experience with SQL Server, other relational database engines and relational database design
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Demonstrate technical know-how through individual contributions and programming exercises
- Strong oral and written communication skills to create a productive communication environment with team members and stakeholders
Preferred Experience: Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Service Fabric
- Knowledge of Microservice based architecture patterns
- Documentation skills to translate requirements into specifications for program objects, functions and systems.
- Estimation skills for cost, effort and duration of product deliverables of high complexity
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of high risk
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes and techniques
- Experience with TDD/BDD frameworks
- Experience in client/server and n-tier development principles including understanding of Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/