Business Development Manager
At Assurant, we partner with some of the world's largest and most well-known brands, helping their customers protect what matters most. Everyone, no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world is united by our purpose and values. Our culture encourages you to share thoughtful & innovative thinking that makes a real difference.
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Mentoring programs
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
- Subsidised Parking
- Hybrid working
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Sales, Automotive NZ, the Business Development Manager is responsible for creating and implementing strategies to acquire new clients and partnerships, as well as fostering relationships with existing clients.
We are seeking an individual who has sound knowledge of sales and business development techniques, is self-motivated and comfortable working in a results-based position.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Identify and target new business opportunities within the automotive insurance.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including dealerships and other industry partners
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Analyse market trends, customer needs, and competitor activity to identify potential areas for expansion
- Lead negotiations and close deals, ensuring mutually beneficial agreements for all parties involved.
- Provide regular report on sales performance, market trends, and competitor activities to senior management.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Business related Qualification
- Proven track record of success in business development within the automotive insurance industry
- Strong understanding of insurance product, industry regulations, and market dynamics
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role. Don't miss your opportunity to be part of this successful team, apply now!
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com
For further information about Protecta, please visit our website: https://www.protectainsurance.co.nz
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.