Data Engineer reports to the Manager of Data Services and is responsible for developing Data Engineering solutions that conform to group standards, budgets and agreed estimated timelines. This role wrangles data in support of Data Science projects and constructs, tests and maintains scalable data solutions for structured and unstructured data to support reporting, analytics, ML and AI.
Data Engineer assists with optimization the performance of bigdata eco-systems while assisting with research and building of proof of concepts to test out theories recommended by Senior and Lead Data Engineers.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the requirements and ensure that work product aligns with customer requirements
- Works within the established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and naming conventions
- Builds processes to ingest, process and store massive amount of data
- Assists with optimization the performance of bigdata ecosystems
- Wrangles data in support of data science projects
- Performs productionization of ML and statistical models for Data Scientists & Statisticians
- Constructs, tests and maintains scalable data solutions for structured and unstructured data to support reporting, analytics, ML and AI
- Assists with research and building of proof of concepts to test out theories recommended by Senior and Lead Data Engineers
- Collaborates and contributes in identifying project risks, design mitigation plans, develops estimates
- Contributes to the design, development of data-pipelines, and feature engineering of data solutions
Established processes or methods are still relied on however Data Engineer will be required to come up with creative solutions to problems.
Senior teammates are still needed to provide oversight on solutions to complex problems.