Why work with Assurant?
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler.
When you join Assurant you will be part of a community that cares. A diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds, but we are united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas, and we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
What's the role about?
The Account Director is responsible for the strategic development of the client account and contributing to the profitable growth of Assurant’s Australian business.
- Strategically drive program EBITDA & revenue ensuring that monthly, quarterly, and annual targets and product mix targets are met or exceeded.
- Own the client relationship with Assurant, delivering on contractually agreed products and services.
- Set key success measures and milestones and coordinate the sales team and other Assurant resources as appropriate to deliver.
- Identify new, sustainable growth opportunities across Client’s lines of business.
- Lead and inspire the account management team, coaching and mentoring to grow skillset of the team
- Deliver year on year EBITDA & revenue growth targets
The Account Director will be responsible for the leadership and achievement of business performance metrics:
- Accountability for the client relationship and the overall success and profitability of the portfolio
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and a high level of expertise in the mobile & connected living fields to deliver Company targets, and exceptional service delivery and customer experience throughout the Client program and product streams
- To manage the client relationship at a senior level, and to be the principal point of contact with client leaders and key personnel.
- To have an in-depth understanding of the Client program, and understand the processes, opportunities and challenges that exist within Client in relation to the sale of Assurant products and services.
- Achieve EBITDA, revenue, & sales objectives by identifying and pursuing opportunities to deliver new products and enhancing existing products where appropriate.
- Monitor and manage service levels and ensure the proper processes are in place to deliver expected performance levels.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Account Managers and Executives
- Work with internal Assurant SMEs and teams to optimise sales performance via face to face, digital and virtual channels.
Does this sound like you?
- Strong interpersonal skills, an ability to convey complex ideas in simple language that connects and inspires, and a good instinct for business.
- Sales professional who thrives in high-stakes, fast-paced situations and who enjoy strategic, long-term thinking.
- Leadership, business acumen, commercial awareness, networking, strong communication and interpersonal abilities, and analytical thinking.
- Demonstrable experience of driving & achieving growth within a large complex accounts
- Experience of one or more of the following sectors: financial services, general retail, or telecommunications/ mobile devices.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members include:
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness and wellbeing
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Local and International Mentoring programs
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
If you think you are a perfect fit for this role, please click the link to apply.
Submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/