Supervisor Data Services
The Supervisor is responsible for leadership, capacity planning, and support activities of a team of developers. As the need arises the Supervisor will provide investigation for development and production data issues as well as collaborate with other team members to identify risks, design mitigation plans, in estimation, planning, design and support activities.
The Supervisor will provide technical leadership and architectural guidance to team of developers in the delivery of data solutions to support reporting and analytics solutions and provide coaching to junior developers.
The Supervisor will work directly with business and IT leaders to execute on specific data initiatives. They will ensure timely and accurate execution and resolution of projects.
The Supervisor works in collaboration with Data Services leadership to ensure their team follows current standards and aligns priorities with department strategy and initiatives. The Supervisor must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of business and IT leadership to manage delivery commitment and expectation.
· Establish relationships with business partners in support of their data solutions.
· Participate actively with all team members and build strong working relationships up, down and across the organization
· Provide support to end users to support adoption of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence tools and platforms
· Provide coaching and mentoring support to all team members
· Provide technical and leadership training as needed to ensure team is at a high level of technical capabilities and future leaders have opportunities to develop
· Perform candidates screening, hiring, and on-boarding activities
· Ensure that team is appropriately staffed to align with roadmap and strategic demands
· Lead team in support of Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Modeling, and Machine Learning solutions
· Assist in the development of process mapping, standard operating procedures, and work instructions
· Participate at regularly scheduled meetings with our business users and internal leaders
· Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities to mitigate costs and improve efficiency of existing solutions
· Collaborate with Data Analytics leadership in the definition and implementation of production support guidelines, standards and methodologies
· Provide insights to Data Analytics leadership to support accurate strategic decisions in relation to the production support function
Provide technical guidance and leadership for team of developers
· 4+ years of experience in Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Information Management
· 2+ years of experience in leading technical/support teams
· 2+ years of working experience in building large scalable data & analytics environments in either private or public (cloud) infrastructure
· Understanding of Data Governance's concepts and processes related to data quality, privacy, and security
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related subjects
· Working experience leading a team of technical resources preferably in a production support capacity
· Working experience with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence stack: Database Engine, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Power BI
· Working experience with data modeling and Entity Relationship Diagram
· Advanced problem-solving skills
· Understanding of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence principles and best practices
· Experience working in environment with high work volume
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
· Working experience in global insurance company
· Working experience with Azure tools such as Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks