Technical Support Analyst
Fancy yourself a bit of a tech guru? Family and friends always asking you to help set up their smart TV's, Wi-Fi modems or helping to install a program on their laptop?
Put that handy knowledge to us as a Technical Support Analyst in our team!
What's the opportunity:
Reporting to the Technical Support Team Leader, we are seeking a tech savvy individual to provide end customer support and assistance to help troubleshoot and resolve end customer queries across a range of Connected Living Devices including:
- Laptops / Notebooks / Desktops
- Major operating systems including Windows, IOS and Android
- PlayStation, Xbox and other gaming equipment
- Home theatre and televisions
Providing phone support based on the type of service the end customer has enrolled in, and performs technical assistance tasks remotely to help the customer including:
- Provide high technical support to effectively diagnose and resolve support incidents reported by external customers
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex issues across a wide array of internet connected devices such as personal computers, mobile phones, tablets, wireless devices, Bluetooth speakers, televisions, home automation devices, etc.
- Hardware, accessories and Wi-Fi routers installation and configuration
- Virus removal and firewall and similar software installation
- Software installation, configuration, and updates
- Provide excellent customer service and ownership of technical support issues.
- Work well in a high energy, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Provide appropriate responses and expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
Does this sound like you?
- 1 year experience with customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving.
- Strong experience and working knowledge in one or more of the following technical specialty areas:
- PC Support: MS Windows, MS Office, Apple OS X, home networking/Wi-Fi, printer installation / setup / config.
- Mobile Support: iPhone/iPad/iOS, Android phones and tablets, Kindle / e-readers, Fire Tablets.
- Smart Home: devices such as assistants, smart lights, smart TV’s, thermostats, door locks, wearable technologies and other home-automation systems.
- Effective interpersonal communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for inclusion in a Knowledge Base.
- Experience with providing training and coaching, either to customers or to internal colleagues.
- Studying or recently graduated in Computer Sciences, Electronics, Telecommunications, or a related field (preferred not required)
Why Join Us?
When you join Assurant you will be part of a community that cares. A fun, diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
We pride ourselves on providing a great workplace for every one of our people. In order to achieve this we offer:
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Mentoring programs with access to Senior Leaders & Executives
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- Coffee catch-ups, virtual quizzes, and events
- Employee share purchase plans
- Country & regional rewards and recognition
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.