Sr. Business Integration Analyst
The purpose of this role is to facilitate data acquisition, analysis and reporting requests from both internal and external customers by understanding the business needs, translating this to requirements, then working with our execution teams to develop, test & deploy to solutions. This role may also take on the execution on requests and to analyze customer, product and transaction data and deliver insights and impact to the business.
Primary Job Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Establish business case:
· Meet with internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs & work with deliver channels to ensure timely completion
· Provide support to Manager to assist in identify business units or functional area needs that can be addressed with Data and/or Analytics assets.
Prioritize and coordinate:
· Own Medium complexity initiatives, requests and efforts and work with the rest of the Analytics and/or Data Services teams for timely delivery. Support Managers in high Complexity projects.
· Participate in regular meetings with stakeholders to provide status update or change priorities.
· Establish a plan for regular communication of relevant project updates to the appropriate teams.
· Conceptualize medium complexity business questions and support Manger for high complexity questions
· Assist in driving ideas for future analyses and data gathering efforts
· Share best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear manner across audiences of varied levels
· Lead and/or collaborate with team members (onsite and virtual) on projects, to identify issues or request feedback
· Present analytics solutions to internal business partners and external clients
· Lead and/or collaborate on projects with associates and business leaders from multiple groups within the organization.
- May take on the development, testing & deployment of automated reporting solutions following standards and guidelines set out by the department.
Bachelor’s degree in the fields of statistics, business, mathematics, computer science or other related fields is required.
- 4+ years of experience in a data analyst or similar role
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations and/or developing reports using tools such as Power BI as Qlikview/QlikSense
- Experience with a broad range of best-in-class database tools/analytics/research approaches and/or concepts
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to gather requirements from end users and translate them to an end product
- Ability to lead projects and deliver results under time constraints
- Ability to work independently and in a team to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to organize and balance multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Good critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate business priorities with other teams, such as Data Services, and ensure work is completed in time to meet established deadlines
- Knowledge of Excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint
- Great communication and time management skills
- Great documentation skills
Preferred Previous Experience
Experience in the fields of insurance, finance, accounting or statistics
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of advanced relational database concepts and querying techniques using Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of Agile concepts and exposure to TFS/Azure Dev Ops or similar
- Understanding of fundamental Data-warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing procedures