Do you thrive on efficiency, having a mixture of work and enjoy the ability to be proactive within your role?
Assurant are seeking an energetic individual to join us in a permanent opportunity as our Executive Assistant.
What is the role about?
Reporting to the President, APAC the successful candidate would be required to provide high level executive support and perform the full range of secretarial, administrative and office facilities support, including prompt and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
No two days are the same in this role, as we are a fast-paced business with big plans in the horizon.
From managing the calendar and schedule of the President, APAC to efficiently completing all allocated administrative tasks from across the business, such as compiling meeting minutes, drafting reports and board papers, to being involved office management duties, there is always something to keep the successful candidate engaged.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Complex diary management, including planning time for key events, meetings and written submissions with internal and external stakeholders in consultation with the President, APAC
- Managing general correspondence to internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the President, APAC
- Management and preparation of complex and often confidential documentation including agendas, minutes, meeting papers, presentations and board reports in-line with organisational expectations and requirements
- Provide high level administrative support and coordination for the President, APAC, including records management and the development of presentations as required
- Oversee office facilities management, liaising with the building management, third party contractors, coordinating office stock supplies, and printing and distribution of stakeholder collateral
- Ability to exercise discretion and apply judgement to flag process anomalies and make decisions on which process to follow
- Coordinate meetings and events whether in person or virtual, assist with greeting and assisting stakeholders visiting the business
- Coordinating travel arrangements and support necessary visa requirements as required in an accurate and timely manner
- Reconciliation of monthly expenses, managing internal system approvals
- Attend to high level, urgent and confidential matters, whilst maintaining the highest level of confidently and discretion
- Ability to work flexibly to suit the business operation hours which may span outside the traditional 9am – 5pm
Does this sound like you?
- 4 or more years of previous Executive Assistant experience or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including editing, proof reading and succinct minute taking
- Ability to analyse and problem-solve, prioritise tasks and achieve agreed goals within predetermined deadlines
- High level of organisation and structured approach to deliver required outcomes
- Ability to exercise initiative and demonstrate the ability to be proactive, anticipating the needs of the President, APAC and other key stakeholders
- Exceptional organisational skills and demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities
- Determines how to execute on given tasks and goals using solid judgement
- Strong interpersonal skills, acts with integrity, discretion and maintains the highest of confidences and ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in adapting to change, including demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, technology savvy
- Ability to work independently and autonomously