Customer Experience Representative
Everyone at Assurant, no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world is united by our uncompromising values. That’s why we created a culture where you’re free to bring thoughtful, caring attention to each customer or client, internally or externally. Whatever your position, your innovative thinking, common sense, integrity and actionable solutions, can make a real difference.
With more than 100 years industry expertise, we are trusted by over 300 million consumers worldwide and we handle more than 16.6 million unique policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
When you join Assurant you will be part of a community that cares. A fun, diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Mentoring programs
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
What's the role about?
We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter to join our Customer Experience Team in a permanent opportunity. Working in our hybrid approach from at home or within the office based in Camberwell, the successful candidate would be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to Assurant customers. In order to deliver this customer service, the candidate would be in touch with customers via a variety of channels including phone, email, to manage the end to end claims process of lodgement, assessment and settlement of Insurance and Warranty claims in a seam less manner.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Team Leader you would be responsible for:
- Delivering excellent service for all customers and suppliers, by providing timely and accurate response over the phone and via e-mail
- Resolving claims in the most cost effective and time efficient manner, whilst complying to all internal and external regulatory requirements
- Managing claim enquiries received via inbound / outbound calls and emails.
- Ability to coordinate administrative duties in between calls and emails
- Efficiently resolving customer complaints and/or objections within delegated authority to ensure best possible outcome for the customer and Assurant
- Working effectively in a team environment, collaborating with others and sharing knowledge and skills to achieve team goals and objectives
Does this sound like you?
- Previous Call Centre and/or Customer Service experience
- Attention to detail with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great team player
- A proven track record of meeting service levels and individual KPI’s
- Great dispute resolution skills
- The ability to multitask and effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Please apply by clicking the “Apply” button and submitting your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.