Sr IT QA Analyst
Sr. IT QA Analyst
Assurant is looking for a Sr. IT QA Analyst who will be responsible for maintaining Quality in Systems via functional and automation testing. Sr. IT QA Analyst will be responsible for creating functional and regression test cases, executing and updating automation scripts, performing manual & automated test execution, logging and retesting defects and participating in Backlog refinement calls to assist in User Stories refinement. The Sr. IT QA Analyst will assess and revise test sequence and scope based upon the test results and/or changes in product design. The resource is expected to be an expert in functional testing and have basic knowledge of automation which allows for adding and updating automation scripts in an existing automation framework. The team works in a Scrum environment and is located globally. The Scrum team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuous relentless improvement, following best practices in software engineering, delivering high quality software solutions, and achieving efficiencies through enhanced automation and innovation.
This position is in India.
Remote working option possible.
- Define & manage Test Strategy for the system(s) in question.
- Analyze and understand complex business & technical Use cases and create test case design against them.
- Create / Update automation test scripts in an existing Selenium automation framework integrated with related tools.
- Maintain and enhance functional & regression test suites.
- Record, manage and share test execution results.
- Run automation scripts as part of regression activities. Identify and remove false fails from the automation execution results.
- Test data identification & creation for functional and automation testing.
- Log and retest defects. Collaborate with developers in establishing root cause analysis for the bugs and work towards catching bugs as early as possible in the SDLC.
- Participate in User story refinement session and support the Product Owner in establishing Acceptance Criteria for the User Stories.
- Produce daily deliverables based on the tasks of the team backlog.
- Create necessary artefacts to document Test Management activities.
- 5+ years of experience in functional testing.
- 1+ year of hands-on experience in test automation preferably on Selenium framework. Capability to write & update automation scripts.
- Proficient in Test Management tools like ADO or ALM or Confluence.
- Well versed with SDLC, STLC and Defect lifecycle.
- Proficient in Java as existing automation in Selenium is in Java.
- Basic knowledge in Eclipse or other such IDE.
- Experience in cross browser testing on desktop / mobile /tablets.
- Proficient knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Experience in Agile and / or Scrum.
- Hands on experience in setting up the automation environment in Selenium and troubleshooting technical failures with automation SME support.
- Has worked in a multicultural environment with distributed teams and is able to effectively collaborate to implement complex system requirements with high quality.
- Has tested systems with multitude of business rules and can understand the architectural complexities of integrating systems.
Basic Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent related practical experience.
- Requires analysis & design skills for creating long term vision of Testing Roadmaps for the systems.
- Ability to apply flexible, open-minded problem solving and analytical skills without expecting task level direction on how to manage work.
- Desire to be part of a team that solves problems and provide solutions.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation and capability to lead when needed.
- Effective & strong communication skills.
- Certification(s) in Testing or Automation.