Required Years of Experience
Affiliated with STARR Restaurants, El Vez is as bright and boisterous as a joy ride in a Tijuana taxi, exuding fun at every conceivable turn. Located at the W Fort Lauderdale, its breathtaking space is a feast for the eyes with imaginatively designed dining areas, indoor and outdoor bars, a spacious patio, and beautiful ocean vistas.
El Vez's culinary program showcases creative, yet classic Mexican fare with an emphasis on Baja-style cooking that celebrates the fresh seafood of the South Florida region. An array of Guacamoles, Ceviches and classics like Mahi Mahi Tacos sit side-by-side on the extensive menu along with signature dishes like Grilled Whole Branzino and Traditional Tacos al Carbon.
Are you a dynamic guest-centric Host/Hostess with a genuine sense of warmth and are looking for a welcoming team to join? We believe teamwork is the core of any restaurant, and understand working together helps everyone win! If you feel the same, El Vez is the place for you!
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
- A Competitive Hourly Rate
- Paid Vacation Time
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Coverage
- Dining discounts at over 25 affiliated STARR Restaurants- and more!
The ideal candidates will have:
- Passion for helping to create an environment where people not only have fun but feel relaxed, welcome, and connected
- Knowledge of OpenTable reservation system
- The ability to convey warmth to guests as they walk into the restaurant while being able to clearly articulate reservation details, wait times, and manage guest expectations
- Integrity and the ability to make decisions on your feet to accommodate guests
- A minimum 1+ year of Host experience in a well-rated restaurant
- Open availability to work daytime/evenings/weekends
El Vez Fort Lauderdale is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program, Potential Bonuses
Reservation Management Platforms
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Restaurant Group
Part of STARR Restaurants
Award-winning, multi-concept hospitality group, STARR Restaurants’ El Vez is located at the W Fort Lauderdale, adjacent to acclaimed sister restaurant Steak 954. Its breathtaking space is a feast for the eyes with imaginatively designed dining areas, indoor and outdoor bars, a spacious patio, and beautiful ocean vistas.
Casual yet contemporary, El Vez celebrates the festive soul of Mexican and Mexican-American culture, a true south-of-the-border spirit that manifests itself in the restaurant's attitude and atmosphere. With deep roots in regional Mexican cooking, the menu is built around guacamoles, fundidos, ceviches, tacos, quesadillas and enchiladas made from scratch with authenticity in mind. To complement, the bar offers an expansive selection of creative cocktails, signature margaritas and a staggering list of mezcals and tequilas.