Event Sales Manager
Required Years of Experience
Cotogna is the quintessential neighborhood spot featuring seasonally and daily changing Italian cuisine with house-made pasta, spit-roasted and grilled meat, wood-oven pizza, local seafood, and produce coming from the restaurant’s own farm. In keeping with Chef Michael Tusk’s cuisine, Cotogna showcases the best of Italian viticulture with an emphasis on organic, small scale wines true to their terroir.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401K with up to 4% match
- Deep retail-cost wine discounts, Cotogna Farmer’s Market & restaurant dining discount
- Trips to our Fresh Run Farm in Marin and participation in our Employee Purchasing Program
- Tax deferred commuter benefits for parking or public transportation
- Personalized development plan, advancement opportunities, wine education curriculum
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes in food and beverage
- Supplemental relocation expenses possible and assisted housing search as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
A motivated, organized, charismatic individual. You are passionate about food and beverage, people and hospitality. A quick thinker who possesses the ability to simultaneously be creative and organized. Inherently hospitable, infinitely curious and KIND. You strike up a conversation with anyone, perform well under pressure and have an insatiable desire to learn. You want the opportunity to make your mark and contribute!
WHO WE ARE:
Situated in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk own and operate Quince & Co Hospitality; a collection of unique restaurant concepts ranging from a Three Starred Michelin flagship to more casual, volume-based concepts, all unified in a commitment to exemplary hospitality, creativity, and a desire to innovate and continually reinvent. Quince & Co is a values-driven company committed to creating rewarding experiences for all team members with growth opportunities for advancement.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The scope and span of the position include but are not limited to the following:
COTOGNA PRIVATE DINING
Booking, Planning and Management of Private events and Small Group Dining:
- Manage and oversee Triple Seat platform for all event planning
- Responding to all leads and responsible for all event bookings
- Menu planning with clients to determine needs and requests
- Hosting site visits
- Coordinating menus and service with Chef de Cuisine, Wine Department and FOH Management for proper execution of each event
- Post events follow up.
- Distribute, post and review weekly function sheets (BOE) with all both FOH and BOH teams in all assigned locations.
- Develop contacts and maintain a tracking system to ensure on-going relationship with existing client base and the development of future clients.
- Ensure prompt responses are given to all incoming event inquiries.
- Maintain and develop all sales material and collateral pertaining to private dining and special events.
- Prepare and print all day of materials for events
- Assist with Tusk Events offsite production
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Maintain accurate financial records of the Cotogna private dining programming.
- Complete all Events pro formas.
- Develop budgets and financial forecasts.
- Ensure that the private dining department achieve all budgetary goals.
- Availability to work every day of the week including holidays
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly and safely
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at time
- Must be able to comply with all health and safety standards
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Responsible Beverage Server Certificaiton
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Quince & Co is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our customers and colleagues. As such, all positions require COVID-19 vaccination. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless you request and are granted a medical or religious accommodation for exemption from the vaccination requirement
Compensation: Salary ($85,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Fine Dining Service
High Volume Service
Food Safety Knowledge
Part of Quince & Co
Cotogna is a dynamic restaurant aspiring to be the best neighborhood restaurant in the country. Featuring regional Italian fare, Cotogna means ‘quince’ in Italian as a nod to its sister restaurant next door. Cotogna offers a seasonally and frequently changing menu of spit-roasted or grilled meats and game birds, house-made pastas, wood-oven pizzas, local seafood, salads, salumi and cheese, in the warm atmosphere of the restaurant’s refined urban design. A sophisticated yet playful cocktail program features innovative, ingredient-driven cocktails, and its celebrated all-Italian wine list is approachable yet eclectic.