Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that people look forward to interacting with. We believe a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents with a modern software stack.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all our engineers to teach as well as learn continually. Our company prioritizes the overall member experience, including customer support (you shouldn't have to wait on hold ever), legal language (you shouldn't have to be a lawyer to read your health plan), and intuitive web design.
If you're passionate about tackling complex problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
We are seeking a talented and proactive Full Stack Engineer with a unique blend of technical expertise and business acumen to join our dynamic team. As a Full Stack Engineer at Collective Health, you will play a crucial role in developing software solutions that meet the needs of our business users, with a particular focus on the Sales and Marketing departments. You will need to be a self-starter, capable of understanding and extracting requirements from stakeholders with minimal guidance, and possess the skills to work collaboratively across various departments to design, implement, and maintain software solutions that drive our business forward.
As a Full Stack Engineer, You Will:
- Work with various departments and teams to ensure that software solutions support and enhance their operations, with a focus on Sales and Marketing needs.
- Collaborate effectively with team members, business stakeholders, and end-users to extract and understand their software requirements and deliver optimal outcomes.
- Proactively identify pain points and opportunities for software-driven enhancements.
- Write high-quality, efficient code to implement software solutions. This may involve web applications, APIs, backend services, and mobile applications.
- Build responsive and interactive user interfaces using React.js.
- Design, develop, and maintain database schemas and queries using PostgreSQL.
- Implement server-side REST API applications leveraging languages and frameworks such as Java, Hibernate, Spring Framework, and Spring Boot.
- Maintain features for Swift-based iOS applications.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of software to identify and fix issues. Ensure the developed software meets functional and performance requirements.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Proven experience as a software developer with at least three years of real-world programming experience using React.js, Swift, and PostgreSQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field, or coding bootcamp graduates with work experience.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, taking the initiative to drive projects forward.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical team members.
- An ability to understand the landscape of a large scale system, ability to demonstrate the functionalities, explain constraints, and find workarounds.
- Understanding of scalability, performance, and monitoring.
Nice to have:
- Additional experience with any of the following languages and frameworks, with the demonstrated ability to pick up and learn what’s needed for development.
- Spring framework, Spring Boot.
- Hibernate, database management and design.
- REST API implementation, Postman, and scripting languages.
- Experience with software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in an industry with protected data such as finance or healthcare is a plus.
Pay Transparency Statement
This is a hybrid position based out of our San Francisco, Plano, or Lehi office, with the expectation of being in office at least two weekdays per week. #LI-hybrid
The actual pay rate offered within the range will depend on factors including geographic location, qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to the salary, you will be eligible for stock options and benefits like health insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Learn more about our benefits at https://jobs.collectivehealth.com/#benefits.
About Collective Health
Collective Health is the leading health benefits platform that brings together medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, and program partners into an integrated solution that better enables employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and helping control costs and improve outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.