New Initiatives Pharmacist, Pharmacy Programs
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Collective Health is transforming the way self-funded employers approach their employee healthcare offering, and improving the way members experience and work with their healthcare benefits. Collective Health is looking for experienced pharmacists to meaningfully contribute to the expansion of pharmacy management functions that touch Collective Health's members, and internal teams.The Pharmacist, reporting to the Director of Pharmacy Programs, is responsible for daily member and provider facing calls with a focus on pharmacist interventions that can help members optimize their pharmacy benefits and help control pharmacy spend for our clients.
What You'll Do:
- Manage high cost specialty medications for therapeutic outcomes. This includes analyzing appropriate site of service, claims adjudication (benefit switch),and addressing gaps in care when needed.
- Identify opportunities for maximizing value and education on health plan benefits
- Help with the ongoing development of client-facing cost/use reporting, with an emphasis on analyzing specialty pharmacy trends and developing strategies to manage.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support the Collective Health operations teams in response to complex or escalated pharmacy inquiries
- Identify and outreach providers and members about drug specific interventions that lead to cost savings for members and clients.
- Supervise pharmacy technicians
- Collaborative with Product development and Care Navigation team members as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Director
What You'll Need:
- PharmD with residency preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a PBM, clinical / retail pharmacy, health plan, or managed care setting
- Willingness to help evolve program
- Ability to navigate and succeed in ambiguity
- Willingness to work through change with positivity
- Experience with drug information database research and evaluation
- Experience communicating complex medical/pharmacy/prescription related information to members in "plain English"
- A strong desire to work in a unique healthcare setting that is fast-paced and member focused
- Ability to talk and type and manage multiple electronic systems
- Able to proficiently work with Google or Mircrosoft office products
- Be willing to adapt to program evolution and assist with program development as directed by management
Pay Transparency Statement
This is a hybrid position based out of our offices: San Francisco, CA, Plano, TX, or Lehi, UT, with the expectation of being in office at least three weekdays per week. #LI-hybrid
The actual pay rate offered within the range will depend on factors including geographic location, qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to the salary, you will be eligible for stock options and benefits like health insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Learn more about our benefits at https://jobs.collectivehealth.com/#benefits.
About Collective Health
Collective Health is the leading health benefits platform that brings together medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, and program partners into an integrated solution that better enables employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and helping control costs and improve outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines.