Lead Healthcare Data Analyst
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
The Analytics team delivers on analysis that serves our customers in order to have visibility into their plan costs and clinical outcomes. This is a newly created role in the Clients Analytics team to support timely response to Collective Health strategic clients. The Lead Data Analyst is a subject matter expert in Collective Health client reporting suites, data sources and availability, and business intelligence tools. Equipped with this knowledge, the lead data analyst is responsible for understanding strategic clients’ ad-hoc requests and can provide a timely response. The incumbent is also responsible for troubleshooting questions or concerns from strategic clients regarding reports and data. The Lead Data Analyst will gather information on most frequently requested ad-hocs and working with data engineering, analytics leadership, and Client Success teams to develop self-service solutions and improve the efficiency of the Clients Analytics team.
What are the primary responsibilities of this role?
- Provide ad-hoc reports and customization of standard reports to strategic clients.
- Partner with Leadership to develop data, analytics and reporting products to support routine and ad-hoc reporting for external clients.
- Gather requirements and business rules for the development of data platforms, data products, ensure the execution of these requirements, support testing, and provide sign-off.
- Collaborate with Analytics Engineering and Data Engineering on governance strategy for data warehouse products and the business intelligence tool.
- Communicate routinely and timely to stakeholders and team members on strategic directions, approaches, project status, and issues.
- Contribute to an inclusive and supportive learning environment in the Analytics team through mentorship, code reviews, documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring.
What are the specific tasks that will be performed and what percentage of time will the individuals in this role spend doing each task?
- (50%) Data coding and mining in SQL, python, R and/or excel
- (20%) Meeting and collaborating with team members and other departments
- (20%) Running, debugging, and refining regularly scheduled reports
- (10%) Communicating your analytical results verbally and in writing with stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you have Qualifications
What kind of skill sets are you looking for in this role? (include hard skills like Excel or Python and soft skills like communication)
- 6-8 years experience in analytics and reporting in the healthcare industry.
- 6-8 years experience in a complex, fast-paced, quantitative environment with a high bar for attention to detail and quality of work
- An education in mathematics, economics, statistics or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Experience more than one coding language such as Python, SQL, R, Stata, or other data processing and analytics environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients on reporting and data issues.
- Fast learner, takes initiative, and eager to own projects
- Strong passion for learning and making things better, particularly in healthcare
- Experience mentoring others and contributing to an inclusive and supportive learning environment
- Above all, you are self-sufficient, intellectually curious and take ownership for everything you do
Pay Transparency Statement
This is a hybrid position based out of our San Francisco office, with the expectation of being in office at least two weekdays per week. #LI-hybrid
The actual pay rate offered within the range will depend on factors including geographic location, qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to the salary, you will be eligible for stock options and benefits like health insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Learn more about our benefits at https://jobs.collectivehealth.com/#benefits.
About Collective Health
Founded in 2013, Collective Health’s ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, and powerful and flexible technology better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and helping improve health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more, please visit collectivehealth.com.