Sr. Manager, Client Issue Resolution
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
We are hiring a Senior Manager for our high impact Client Issue Resolution (CIR) team. This team partners across our Member Services, Claim and Plan Operations, Care navigation and Clients Success Organizations to deliver industry leading resolution and experience on the most complex, sensitive and escalated client and member issues.
As the leader of this team, you will represent and showcase our company’s obsession with making healthcare easier and better to navigate for our members. You will ensure your team’s accurate and timely resolution, followed-up by in-depth root cause analyses and process improvement recommendations. You will embed the highest levels of professionalism, expertise and care into every project you handle, and see that impeccable service continues to be delivered as we rapidly scale. You will also contribute to wider company goals and help us build and scale our business by designing creative solutions to day-to-day problems that arise from our rapid growth and change.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage an escalation and support model that allows cross-functional teams to identify and resolve complex issues with efficiency, accuracy, and client-mindedness
- Impact the success of the organization by leading trust-based relationships with clients alongside the Client Success and Executive teams
- Prioritize our highest-priority, most sensitive, most complex and highly visible client & member issues with no margin for error or misconduct, especially when client health is on the line
- Elevate and articulate expertise across key operations functions to enable a highly accurate and efficient resolution to urgent client issues
- Manage, coach, and develop CIR Associates to carry forward the high expectations of the CIR team mission
- Champion client and service design initiatives by working collaboratively with internal partners and the team to manage case resolution and project manage process improvements
- Expertly communicate with key internal and external stakeholders including continuously
- Effectively coach and develop CIR team members to have impeccable problem solving and written communication abilities, to demonstrate consistent empathy and to emphasize the Collective Health values of Following Curiosity and Dare to Solve Hard Problems
- Identify root causes of process breakdowns, recommend process improvement opportunities, and drive projects forward to reduce error rates for a better client and member experience and liaise with other teams in Member Services for a better internal experience
- Set team goals to drive high performance; lead team meetings and manage team projects in alignment with such goals
- Work closely with Member Advocate and Care Navigation leaders to identify areas of opportunity and drive improved collaboration between teams and elevated performance across all teams
- Serve as a key leader in our office in Lehi or Plano – supporting and cultivating office culture that aligns with Collective Health values
- You are a client oriented expert with experience in the healthcare landscape
- You have experience scaling a team and leading teams through change
- You have the ability to work well with all levels of management from various organizations, and can lead decisively from the front
- You are passionate about providing the right answer every time, and you will persevere through any challenge to see that the right answer is found
- You are excited to grow and develop a hard working team with a passion for continuous improvement
- You maintain an appropriate stress response to lean into urgency, but remain focused under pressure
- You can work effectively individually and in teams
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You are analytically minded and like to make data-driven decisions
- You have 8+ years of experience with at least 5 years of people management experience in a customer service or process oriented operations organization
- You are a culture leader, play well with others, and are a role model for others in making Collective Health a great place to work
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent years of management experience, preferred
Pay Transparency Statement
This is a hybrid position based out of our Lehi, UT or Plano, TX office. with the expectation of being in office at least two weekdays per week. #LI-hybrid
The actual pay rate offered within the range will depend on factors including geographic location, qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to the salary, you will be eligible for stock options and benefits like health insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Learn more about our benefits at https://jobs.collectivehealth.com/#benefits.
About Collective Health
Founded in 2013, Collective Health’s ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, and powerful and flexible technology better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and helping improve health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more, please visit collectivehealth.com.