Senior Associate, Accounts Payable
Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people see real results from their health routine by building custom vitamin and activity plans based on their unique needs. Our whole experience is backed by science and designed by our team of naturopathic doctors. From our products - whether it’s our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partners Target & Sam’s Club - to our innovative iOS and Android health app, our experience is designed to close the feedback loop and take vitamins from can’t hurt to really helps. By providing personalized ongoing guidance, habit help, and efficacious formulas, we aim to help people feel their best, while we do the hard work for them.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Tusk Ventures, Juxtapose, and Bayer. We’ve been highlighted for our innovative work in the category by publications including TechCrunch, Forbes, Inc., Vogue, and the New York Times, and pride ourselves on investing in our people, building a best-in-class hybrid team with a hub in Brooklyn. In 2020, Care/of was acquired by Bayer, expanding our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to delivering results through science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and habit-building technology.
We’re excited to meet you!
What you’ll do:
You will manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments and play an important role in our monthly close procedures. Responsibilities include the maintenance of accounting systems and infrastructure, enhancing accuracy of the company’s AP & AR functions, and ensuring that our processes comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This role reports into the Senior Director, Accounting; Controller.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Maintain general accounting schedules that are auditable and compliant with GAAP
- Responsible for self-managing an accurate and timely close process with AP & AR, with the goal of reducing the monthly close cycle to 3 business days
- Develop and document accounting processes, procedures, and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Proactively identify key trends and variances impacting cash flow and balance sheet accounts
- Continually review payment planning and forecasting to improve cash flow, efficiency metrics, financial ratios; including establishing staff responsibilities, payment parameters, and setting measurable goals
- Provide guidance to the team with technical assistance on systems, and support staff with complex problem solving and troubleshooting
- Audit financial data to maintain efficiency and accuracy for financial reporting
- Maintain accurate vendor master data, annual customer credit limit reviews, and credit applications
- Manage the company’s credit card program and Concur
- Alert executive management to irregularities, trends, and areas of concern with supplier payments, AR agings and cash flow
- Assist cross functional teammates with various ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects
- Support automation and process improvement initiatives by leverage systematic workflows within the ERP system
Where you’ll be:
We are encouraging employees (whose job responsibilities allow) to work remotely with the option of returning to our NoHo (Manhattan) office. We are committed to prioritizing workspace flexibility by building systems to create an inclusive and productive environment in which employees feel most comfortable working (role permitting).
You will spend your time working in a hybrid working environment. You will be expected to work onsite at our Brooklyn, NY based office 2-3x/month with the option to work remotely the remainder of the time.
Who you are:
- BS/BA in Accounting, or a related field
- 4+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Has managed or worked in an accounts payable department
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with management and co-workers
- Self motivated, detail oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to identify risks/exposure within a controlled environment and implement process improvements where necessary
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability, is enthusiastic about accounting and eager to learn
- Advanced excel skills
- Has experience implementing an ERP
Nice to have:
- CPA preferred
- Experience working at a high-paced consumer facing startup
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
Salary & Bonus:
NYC Metro-Area Salary Range: $70,000-$75,000
Role Level: 2
Your compensation for this role will be based on how your experience aligns with our internal role-leveling, and our internal pay equity standards.
You will be eligible to participate in our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) which is a cash bonus. Our AIP rewards the achievement of both annual company and annual individual performance objectives. Each employee’s target opportunity for an annual incentive award is a percentage of base salary and varies per role level.
*We have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Flexible vacation time + a weeklong summer break.
- Flexible work from home policy.
- Monthly employee credit to use towards a Care/of purchase + a 50% discount for 3 people in your inner circle.
- Access to employee assistance services like Health Advocate, Kindbody, Bravely, Talkspace, One Medical, Teladoc, Eden Health, and Harness.
- Monthly fitness subsidy (at-home workouts count!).
- 3 months 100% paid parental leave.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal and professional learning & development.
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Monthly team lunch.
- Office wellness perks.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our Commitment to You:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.
Important Notes of Potential Candidates:
On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, we have decided our policy is to require all Care/of employees to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. This requirement applies to all current and future Care/of employees. Care/of is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
We know your privacy is important to you. If you'd like to read more on how we protect your information, you can learn more here.
Something looks off?