Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people see real results from their health routine by building custom vitamin and activity plans based on their unique needs. Our whole experience is backed by science and designed by our team of naturopathic doctors. From our products - whether it’s our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partners Target & Sam’s Club - to our innovative iOS and Android health app, our experience is designed to close the feedback loop and take vitamins from can’t hurt to really helps. By providing personalized ongoing guidance, habit help, and efficacious formulas, we aim to help people feel their best, while we do the hard work for them.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Tusk Ventures, Juxtapose, and Bayer. We’ve been highlighted for our innovative work in the category by publications including TechCrunch, Forbes, Inc., Vogue, and the New York Times, and pride ourselves on investing in our people, building a best-in-class hybrid team with a hub in Brooklyn. In 2020, Care/of was acquired by Bayer, expanding our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to delivering results through science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and habit-building technology.
We’re excited to meet you!
What you’ll do:
At Care/of, we are committed to building a lasting brand that resonates with our users. We place a high value on things like attention to detail, thoughtfulness, and collaboration.
As a Brand Designer at Care/of, you will play a key role on the creative team executing a range of projects, including packaging and branded marketing materials. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to design creative assets for key initiatives that require a strong design lens and strategic approach.
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Create design solutions across Care/of customer touchpoints, including packaging and brand marketing materials (organic social, email, display, direct mail, etc)
- Partner strategically with cross-functional team members on the execution of creative assets
- Help develop channel-specific templates to create more efficiency in ongoing asset production
- Assist with design and production of artwork files for packaging (both DTC and retail packaging)
- Ensure consistent and high-quality visual output by giving and receiving feedback
- Stay knowledgeable on current visual trends, cultural touchpoints and brand competitors, and share inspiration with the team.
Where you’ll be:
We are committed to prioritizing workspace flexibility by building systems to create an inclusive and productive environment in which employees feel most comfortable working (role permitting).
You will spend your time working in a hybrid working environment. You will be expected to work onsite at our Brooklyn, NY based office 2-3x/month with the option to work remotely the remainder of the time.
Who you are:
You’re someone with 2+ years of design experience backed by a fundamental understanding of good typography, layout, color, and composition. You are curious, passionate, and get excited about good design.
- You have a deep proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign), as well as Figma (or Sketch)
- Have experience designing beautiful and effective marketing and campaign materials
- Have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- You are a self-starter who is equally confident working solo or collaboratively as part of a larger project
- Are an eternal student, continuously evolving your skills and techniques through knowledge sharing and research of current trends
Nice to have:
- Motion graphic/animation skills and proficiency in After Effects/Premiere Pro
- Interest in content creation (ability to produce photo assets, e.g., UGC style photo/video for use on social platforms)
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
Salary & Bonus:
NYC Metro-Area Salary Range: $75,000 - $80,000
Role Level: 2
Your compensation for this role will be based on how your experience aligns with our internal role-leveling, and our internal pay equity standards.
You will be eligible to participate in our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) which is a cash bonus. Our AIP rewards the achievement of both annual company and annual individual performance objectives. Each employee’s target opportunity for an annual incentive award is a percentage of base salary and varies per role level.
*We have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Flexible vacation time + a weeklong summer break.
- Flexible work from home policy.
- Monthly employee credit to use towards a Care/of purchase + a 50% discount for 3 people in your inner circle.
- Access to employee assistance services like Health Advocate, Kindbody, Bravely, Talkspace, One Medical, Teladoc, Eden Health, and Harness.
- Monthly fitness subsidy (at-home workouts count!).
- 3 months 100% paid parental leave.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal and professional learning & development.
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Monthly team lunch.
- Office wellness perks.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our Commitment to You:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.
Important Notes of Potential Candidates:
On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, we have decided our policy is to require all Care/of employees to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. This requirement applies to all current and future Care/of employees. Care/of is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
We know your privacy is important to you. If you'd like to read more on how we protect your information, you can learn more here.
Something looks off?