At Candy Digital, we're driven by a single question: How can Web3 technology revolutionize the world of collectibles?
Our mission is to take the passion of being a devoted fan and elevate it to new heights by building a fully immersive digital storefront where fans can buy, sell, and trade their digital collectibles with unique, gamified experiences behind each engagement.
We're proud to have the support of some of the top leaders in the Web3 space, including Galaxy Digital, ConsenSys Mesh, Polygon, and Palm. These partners are revolutionizing how we invest in, build, and interact with digital collectibles. We're excited to work alongside them to create next-generation experiences that deepen fan engagement and connect people to their passions.
Candy is headquartered in New York City, with a hybrid work environment that thrives on community and inclusivity. Led by innovators across the industry, we foster a culture of meaningful engagement and impactful change, always striving to bring enthusiasts closer to the field and reenvision the world of collectibles.
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for an experienced, commercially-minded Legal Counsel to join Candy’s legal team, a dynamic function assisting all aspects of Candy’s business, from negotiating partnerships to grappling with novel legal issues on the ever-evolving web3 frontier. You will report into and work closely with the Head of Legal working with internal and external stakeholders across not only Candy’s business, but also the wider partnerships within the companies portfolio. You will be empowered to take initiative and drive ideas/programs, with the opportunity to oversee other lawyers as the team grows. This is an ideal role for an innovative lawyer who wants to shape a legal function and flex their legal muscle across a range of issues while applying themselves in a commercial environment, all in a cutting-edge space.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on difficulties in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Draft and negotiate a variety of legal agreements, including partnership, technology license, SaaS, vendor and other contracts
- Advise and partner with various teams across the business, including BD, operations, marketing, engineering/product and HR, on legal and commercial issues
- Build processes, playbooks and workflows to streamline legal issues, including in relation to partner IP rights approvals, data privacy, employment, and risk/fraud
- Work closely with stakeholders to ideate and strategize Candy’s new businesses and product offerings to ensure they’re legally compliant
- Provide general corporate support for Candy, including assist with fundraising, equity and structuring
- Become an expert on Candy’s business and monitor the wider legal/regulatory landscape for and proactively advise on relevant developments
- Effectively and efficiently work with external counsel to obtain advice on specialist issues
- Handle any administrative, governmental, pre-litigation or litigation matters
- Develop processes, procedures and trainings to educate Candy’s team and mitigate risk
- Prioritize workload to set goals and meet deadlines in a fluctuating and sometimes ambiguous business environment
WHO ARE YOU?
- Have a JD degree from an accredited ABA law school and be admitted to practice law in the US in New York
- Have 2-5 years’ practicing legal experience, ideally both at a top law firm and in-house; start-up, scale-up or tech experience is a bonus
- Significantly experienced in business law, preferably corporate and M&A, including drafting and negotiating contracts
- Experienced or have an interest in relevant areas such as intellectual property, tech, fintech, blockchain and/or data privacy
- Able to guide and inspire a team, whether formally or informally, and drive initiatives across a matrixed organization
- High-energy self-starter who’s pragmatic and focused on delivering outcomes
- Creative and savvy, and able to navigate complex and challenging situations
- Confident, flexible and calm operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Emotionally intelligent and humble team player who can build relationships across and outside Candy
- Lover of sports, entertainment, culture, blockchain & crypto and/or collectibles!
- Our People. You will work with the top players who are the most enterprising, fun, encouraging, and innovative heads and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We are building something great, and the finest things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our relationship through experiences with fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their most incredible work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Investors and Partners.
- Galaxy Digital is a leading player in the digital asset space, offering cutting-edge investment banking, trading, and asset management services that revolutionize how people invest in digital assets.
- ConsenSys Mesh is a game-changing platform that empowers developers to build decentralized applications and solutions on the Ethereum blockchain network that will shape the future of the web.
- Polygon is a blockchain network transforming how we interact with decentralized applications by providing fast, low-cost, and secure transactions using a multi-chain infrastructure.
- Palm is a revolutionary digital wallet for Web3 that allows users to access decentralized apps and services, giving them control and ownership of their digital assets.
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – the trust of our people, the trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We drive past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are team players, and we are in it together. Diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
Total Compensation Range (Base + Equity): $120,000-200,000 per year
Our compensation package currently breaks down into a base salary and an equity component for all employees. The candidate’s seniority and the evaluations made of that candidate during the interview determine compensation.