Seasonal Assistant Stage Manager
About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question, "What should we do today?" through a unique combination of retail, media, and entertainment. Launched in 2018, CAMP operates eight retail locations in Atlanta, California, Connecticut, Chicago, Massachusetts, New York and Texas and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
Pay Rate: $28.00/hourly
What is the Role?
CAMP is looking for an Assistant Stage Manager to join the CAMP Stores Team. You will report to the General Manager and work closely with the Production Stage Manager to ensure the ongoing quality of the performance.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Covering the on-the-ground responsibilities of the Stage Manager when they are not present.
- Focusing primarily on the flow and timing of each performance to ensure the successful day to day operations of your show
- Working closely with the General Manager of the store (aka show venue) to seamlessly integrate your show into their operation
- Working closely with the show production team and Stage Manager to maintain quality control of a clean and working set every day so that every member of your audience is blown away by their visit
- Ensuring that safety (first!) and fun are at the center of every performance and audience interaction
- Completing End of Show reports to provide feedback to key stakeholders that will support and enhance every aspect of the show when covering for Stage Manager
- Opening show preparations when covering for Stage Manager
What will you bring to CAMP?
- 2+ years of experience in family entertainment or theater production
- Strong understanding of engagement techniques with children and improvisation, experience in comedy is a plus!
- Experience working with both small and large casts and crews
- Demonstrates familiarity with the logistics of a theatrical production
- Has experience in technical theater, especially in lighting, sound, and/or basic carpentry and sewing.
- Demonstrates specific knowledge of the script and stage directions for the production
- Open availability. This role is part time and you will be working approximately 10-30 hours per week
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to be trained on excellence, enthusiasm, and excitement around engaging with children and families creatively
- Exceed in all areas of CAMP’s Core Values - W.O.S.T.A. (Warmth, Output, Spirit, Truth, Agility)
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team.
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards
- Possess a welcoming and helpful attitude and the ability to lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology
- Be able to manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus but not required: You may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience
- This position requires you to be easily accessible & present at our local show daily
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United states
What are the physical demands?
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as sun, precipitation, and wind
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to safely operate manual and electrical equipment
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- Stock Option grants in CAMP
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits, and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 401(k) Plan