General Manager, Chicago
About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question, "What should we do today?" through a unique combination of retail, media, and entertainment. Launched in 2018, CAMP operates eight retail locations in Atlanta, California, Connecticut, Chicago, Massachusetts, New York and Texas and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a General Manager to join our CAMP Chicago team. You will report to the Director of Stores and be responsible for ensuring the store’s daily operations run smoothly as well as overseeing the entire store team.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Building, inspiring, and leading a team of store experience leads and associates dedicated to delivering an experience that connects with our customers, our families and builds a community
- Acting like an owner. The CAMP store you manage is yours to run. You have innovative ideas and creative solutions that will improve store operations, productivity and develop your team
- Overseeing day-to-day store operations including:
- Delivering outstanding customer service and experience
- Developing individual, authentic relationships with customers and families
- Training and development of your team
- POS management
- Employee scheduling
- Inventory management
- Store level logistics/ operations
- Facilities and security maintenance
- Compliance and safety management (including food services at each location’s Cafe)
- Achieving high performance and store profitability
- Managing financial responsibilities such as:
- P&L deliverables
- Budget tracking
- Labor efficiency/managing top-line sales and more
- Driving revenue by ensuring our store experience team members are delivering outstanding customer service, providing helpful product insights, and are developing individual relationships with customers to guide them through the experience
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and developing all team members to ensure everyone is consistently delivering a memorable experience to customers
- Scheduling all employees to ensure we are delivering an unforgettable experience to our visitors while optimizing labor efficiency
- Day-to-day people management and HR (you own this for your store but will be supported by the People & Culture Team)
- Consistently providing feedback & suggestions to the CAMP Labs team, ensuring that this is thoughtful, meaningful, and actionable information. (This will be done through daily recaps, live meetings, reporting and tracking as well as additional forms of documentation and communications)
- Working to build our CAMP community by fostering relationships with our returning guests and neighbors, delivering a long-lasting, memorable experience, and creating CAMP evangelists from our store associates
- Partnering with the Experience team with the supervision, preparation & safe facilitation of all family programs and events
- Supporting exclusive member-only experiences and unique in-store programming at your location to further inspire and delight our community members and drive additional revenue
- Ensuring the execution of visual merchandising strategy in partnership with our Merchandising team and visual merchandiser
- Providing consistent feedback to our Merchandising team to identify areas of opportunity for new products and sharing the voice of the customer as received in store
- Maintaining the safety and health standards of our team, customers, and community, by enforcing, tracking, and communicating health and safety guidelines
- Additional support for CAMP or for CAMP Labs as needed - you are willing to throw down and help anywhere
What will you bring to CAMP?
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to own your business
- Not afraid to take smart risks to obtain measurable results
- 6+ years of store general management experience in the retail industry with proven results
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellence, enthusiasm, and excitement around engaging with children and families creatively
- Exceed in all areas of CAMP’s Core Values - W.O.S.T.A. (Warmth, Output, Spirit, Truth, Agility)
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards
- Possess a welcoming and helpful attitude and the ability to lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology and can accurately handle POS functions
- Be able to manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus but not required: You may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience
What are the physical demands?
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights, go up and down a ladder
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as sun, precipitation, and wind
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to safely operate manual and electrical equipment
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Compensation: $70,000 - $80,000 annually
- Accrual based PTO policy to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- Stock Option grants in CAMP
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits, and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- Gym and Wellness Discounts
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 401(k) Plan (employee contribution only)
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Nelson, letting me know why you are interested in working for CAMP and why we should hire you!