Immersive Experience Associate, Part-Time
About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question, "What should we do today?" through a unique combination of retail, media, and entertainment. Launched in 2018, CAMP operates eight retail locations in Atlanta, California, Connecticut, Chicago, Massachusetts, New York and Texas and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for an Immersive Experience Associate, Part-Time to join our CAMP Los Angeles store team. You will be responsible for guiding CAMP’s families through our retail experience, ensuring they have a magical experience and want to return! This role starts October 23rd, 2023 and will run until February 2024, with a possibility of extension.
You will report to the General Manager of your home store location and be responsible for guiding all of CAMP’s diverse customers and families through our entertaining and memorable family retail experience. You will actively support all areas of the store including the immersive show experience, celebrations & special events, the CAMP shopping experience, product demos and merchandise sales.
What will you do at CAMP?
CAMP is seeking talented, energetic and charismatic performers to work in a unique hybrid of immersive show and retail environment. Top candidates will be hired for dual roles:
- Performing lightly scripted and improvised material in a 5000 sq ft performance space, playfully interacting and engaging with children and families in a ticketed immersive production
- Representing the role of Immersive Experience Associate by delivering a nostalgic CAMP experience to all guests that walk through the door
- Ensuring every guest experience is amazing and fun-filled, including inspiring imaginary play, reading books, and playing with products
- Welcoming every guest who walks into our store with a warm, connected greeting
- Teaching guests about amazing brands we have to offer that will extend their CAMP experience beyond our walls
- Personalizing the shopping experiences for each family based on their interests
- Checking families in or out at the register, capturing email and letting them know about upcoming programs or other CAMP news with the ultimate goal of driving loyalty
- Facilitating family programs including making Schmutz (aka the best slime in the world!), crafting and leading birthday parties
- Maintaining a safe, clean and supportive environment for both coworkers and guests
- Ensuring that CAMP becomes a brand they want to grow up with by being the person they want to come back for!
What is required?
- Ability to work at least one weekend day per week, but ideally both Saturday and Sunday!
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week (note: this could flex up to 29 hours per week based on business needs and your availability)
- Prior work experience in any of the following areas: retail, child care, child development/ education, performing arts, improv
- Excellence, enthusiasm, and genuine excitement around engaging with children and families creatively
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- Patience, warmth, agility, joy, and humor
- Dedication to service, thoughtfulness, and ability to drive loyalty
- Bonus but not required: you may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
What are the physical demands?
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights (may be climbing up and down a ladder)
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as sun, precipitation, and wind
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to safely operate manual and electrical equipment from time to time
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours per shift and to continuously move around all areas of the store
- Kneeling and squatting from time to time when engaging children or stocking/ restocking shelves
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
- Accrual based PTO policy (2 hours for every 30 worked-up to 80 hours a year)
- Additional floating PTO day allowing you to rest, celebrate, recharge on a day that is most impactful to you
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 1.5 pay on the following holidays: Independence Day, Labor Day, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth
Interested in joining the team?
Applicants will be asked to submit video of a short, scripted monologue for consideration, and top candidates will be scheduled for in person callbacks and interviews in early October.
**Please submit your resume and headshot (in place of a cover letter) below**