About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question, "What should we do today?" through a unique combination of retail, media, and entertainment. Launched in 2018, CAMP operates nine retail locations in California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, and Texas, and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
CAMP will open stores in other major markets in 2023 starting with Atlanta this spring.
What is the Role?
CAMP is currently looking to hire a Senior Accountant to join the team to support our growing business. This individual will be responsible for maintaining our accounting systems as the source of truth for the Company’s financial data. This role will be instrumental to the day-to-day accounting operations including the month-end close, external audit, identifying process gaps and implementing process improvements. The job requires advanced organizational skills, critical thinking and the ability to adapt to different situations. This position reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager and will be part of CAMP LABS aka corporate team.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, research, and resolve reconciling items promptly, and ensure that adequate supporting documentation is maintained.
- Perform monthly close functions, including accruals and preparation, posting and review of journal entries.
- Perform analysis of changes in the individual balance sheet and income statement accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis to include fluctuation analyses.
- Responsible for owning the proof of cash and liaising with store operations to resolve any gaps in the process.
- Support of the annual audit process.
- Create best practice procedures for accounting activities and recommend process improvements.
- Identify and implement operational improvements and research technical issues relating to US GAAP
- Support the month-end and year-end close process.
- Work collaboratively and influentially on projects with cross-functional business partners and across many business groups to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Provide ad-hoc financial reports and metrics as needed.
- Teach, train, and explain accounting concepts to others.
- Perform additional tasks or duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of this role.
What will you bring to CAMP?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting at an ecommerce or retail company or similar industry experience at a public accounting firm
- Experience with NetSuite highly preferred
- High proficiency with MS Office including intermediate knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP’s and building spreadsheets)
- Advances knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and internal controls policies and procedures
- Ability to perform critical analysis and thinking, prioritize and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, detail-oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United states
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Compensation: $80,000 - $115,000
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits, and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- Gym and Wellness Discounts
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 401(k) Plan (employee contribution only)
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to Karen, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!
Something looks off?