Store Experience Associate, Part-Time
About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates nine retail locations in New York, Texas, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California, and New Jersey, and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
CAMP will open stores in other major markets in the coming months.
What is the Role?
We are looking for Part-Time Store Experience Associates to join our CAMP Atlanta, GA Team. You will be responsible for guiding CAMP’s families through our retail experience, ensuring they have a magical experience and want to return! This includes:
You will report to the General Manager (GM) of your home store location and be responsible for guiding all of CAMP’s diverse customers and families through our entertaining and memorable family retail experience. You will actively support all areas of the store and are responsible for coordinating all in-store logistics for activities, special events and parties.
- Welcoming every guest who walks into our store with a custom greeting and performing your own magic door entrance!
- Playing with and engaging families as they journey through CAMP experience
- Demoing and playing with products
- Customizing personal shopping experiences for each family based on their interests and what they’d like to bring home that day.
- This involves engaging in conversations with families about what they are interested in and for what ages and introducing them to relevant items as well as items they didn't know they want or need, ultimately netting in purchases!
- Checking families out at the register and letting them know about upcoming programs or other CAMP news
- Facilitating family programs and events, including crafting with families, reading books, setting up supplies, cleaning up supplies, helping families 1:1. (You will be there to the support the manager on duty who is in charge of the activity being hosted)
- Adhering to CAMP’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols for team members and families.
- Using your professional judgement and expertise to decide
- What products you’ll demo
- What stories to tell families
- How to greet families and perform your own unique magic door schtick
- How to use your unique talents and skills to enhance a families fun and magical experience
- You will report to the General Manager (GM) of your home store location
What is required?
- Ability to work at least one weekend day/week, but ideally both!
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week (could flex up to 29 hours per week based on business needs and your availability)
- Prior work experience in any of the following areas: retail, child care, child development/ education, performing arts
- Excellence, enthusiasm, and excitement around engaging with children and families creatively
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- Patience, warmth, joy, and humor
- Bonus but not required: you may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
What are the physical demands?
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights (may be climbing up and down a ladder)
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as sun, precipitation, and wind
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to safely operate manual and electrical equipment from time to time
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours per shift and to continuously move around all areas of the store
- Kneeling and squatting from time to time when engaging children or stocking / restocking shelves
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
- Accrual based PTO policy (2 hours for every 30 worked-up to 80 hours a year)
- Additional floating PTO day allowing you to rest, celebrate, recharge on a day that is most impactful to you
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health and Dependent Care
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 1.5 pay on the following holidays: Independence Day, Labor Day, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth
Interested in joining the team?
In lieu of a resume or cover letter we are seeking to learn a bit more about why you are interested and suited for this role through 3 questions. No need to spend tons of time here just trying to learn a bit more about you. The next step would be an interview with our team.
Something looks off?