Lead Producer: Creator Acquisition
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial Video
Salary: $72,000 - $82,000
Union Status: Non-Union
BuzzFeed is looking for a Lead Producer to lead the vertical video initiatives on the editorial brands like Cocoa Butter, Famous Crime Scenes/Unsolved, and Apop. You will be overseeing a pod of freelancers, full time producers, and fellowship producers and focusing on sourcing, reaching out to and onboarding external creators will collaborate with the editorial teams. You will develop new ideas for content buckets, and bring unique formats to Buzzfeed’s lifestyle and identity brands. We’re looking for a leader with a keen eye for identifying creative opportunities who can speak authentically to the BuzzFeed audience. A plus if you’re well versed in what makes a video succeed across various social platforms, and how to give teammates guidance and feedback that takes their content to the next level. This role reports to the Executive Producer of Lifestyle video & Creator Acquisitions and can be located in New York, or Los Angeles.
- Lead a team of 3-5 editorial producers, advising on creative direction, workflow, creator approvals and submissions.
- Lead brainstorming, selecting, editing, fun and entertaining shortform video content on a platform like TikTo and IG reels.
- Create, produce and edit new formats across BuzzFeed’s biggest TikTok and IG accounts in conjunction to work submitted by external creators.
- Partner with social to collect and digest team performance and output data to inspire future ideation and prove our success.
- Track and identify trends on social platforms including trendy creators - to inspire shareable TikTok/Reels content, keeping team and org informed of learnings.
- Identify when an area of focus isn’t working and pivot.
- Work with creators and talent residents. Help them identify potential trends and ideas that align with the Buzzfeed image and brand.
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue
- Manage the sourcing of user generated content and approve, adjust and finalize producer edits for FB
- Experience leading a content team to produce, source and edit video content for a variety of social platforms with a particular passion for TikTok and IG reels.
- Experience building processes and workflows to enable output efficiencies
- Experience working with and brainstorming around talent and creators
- Ability to ideate around short form content
- A passion for video metrics and the competitive instinct to ideate on your own success
- You are self-motivated, immensely curious, highly adaptable, and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience or interest in lifestyle content is a plus
No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2 videos that performed well on TikTok or IG reels within the last year (from any content creator or brand), and explain why you think they were successful.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Something looks off?