Video Acquisitions Producer, Tasty
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Tasty
Union Status: Non-Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
BuzzFeed Tasty is looking for a Freelance Video Acquisition Producer to join our team in New York City or Los Angeles. In this role, you will find and collaborate with food content creators to film and edit original, short-form content for our platforms. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly adaptable and able to juggle multiple projects at once with an eye for excellent social content. A passion for food or previous experience working in food content is a plus!
- Scour social media platforms for content creators that align with Tasty
- Negotiate fees and creative direction for original content
- Work in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Identify and act on emerging trends
- Identify creators that represent under-represented voices and communities
- Build content around tentpole events
- Previous experience working with external talent and their representatives
- Deep knowledge of social platform best practices, especially TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Interest in social platform data
- Great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Experience working in a meticulous, technical, organized, and creative manner
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment and internet video
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 Tasty videos that performed well on our TikTok within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful
- Attach a resume
- Share 2-3 samples of work you’ve produced
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Something looks off?