Video Editor Talent Network, BuzzFeed India (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed’s India team is looking for project-based Video Editors to join our talent network for potential future opportunities on BuzzFeed India projects. As one of the leading independent digital media companies, BuzzFeed publishes a vast amount of new content daily, across different platforms and formats. Publishing at such scale, we are always interested in hearing from experienced professionals who can assist on a per-project basis. Submitting your information here is the best way to ensure that as various projects occur, our team can find and engage qualified talent.
How This Works:
- Submit your resume, reel (or 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited), and other application below
- You'll receive confirmation of your submission and your information will be kept on file
- As shoots and projects arise, our team will search through submissions to find great people. If your experience are a match for our project needs, you will be contacted to gauge interest and availability
- Partner with Producers editing a variety of BuzzFeed India video content
- End-to-end edit multiple unscripted and scripted videos and formats
- Assemble edits and implement notes from Producers and other team members
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Stay organized in and follow internal standard operating procedures for project naming conventions
- Work with Producers to flag and communicate any watch-outs for future shoots
- Create video thumbnails in Photoshop
- Create any low lift graphics needed for the video on Photoshop/Premiere and sometimes After Effects
- 3+ years experience editing digital content
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects and 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt with changing timelines
- Passion and knowledge for editing theory
- Experience designing and laying in GFX/VFX
- Experience with balance and grade colour, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process
- A working knowledge of social media and digital video platforms
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A proactive, positive, and collaborative approach, with the ability to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
Something looks off?