VFX Artist (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Job Category: Operations
Salary: 350-500/day USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based Visual Effects Artist to join our Post Production team. The ideal candidate will partner with Creative Producers to create assets across various BuzzFeed projects, ensuring the BuzzFeed voice is upheld and projects are up to standard. Ability to work and communicate effectively in a remote environment is a must. Candidates may be asked to work in-office, so LA based artists are preferred.
- Work alongside Editors + the Creative teams to generate advanced VFX such as (but not limited to) 3D, matte painting, rotoscoping, compositing, keying, animation, cloning, particle effects, etc.
- Generate custom elements for assigned projects
- Collaborate with Creative teams and lend expertise and assist with VFX heavy videos
- Work with Post Ops to organize and maintain VFX SOPs across multiple departments
- Work with Post Coordinators to set timelines + expectations for requested assets
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Flag and communicate any watch outs with shoots and scope of creative
- Effectively handle a variety of note passes and graphic changes
- 5 years VFX experience delivering high quality assets in a professional environment
- Excellent communication, positive attitude for a variety of different projects
- Strong time management skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite as well as 3rd party software including but not limited to:
- 3D modeling software (such as C4D, Zbrush, Maya, etc.)
- Red Giant
- Natron, Nuke, Flame, etc.
- Professional Experience and ability to complete the following with high production quality:
- Seamless compositing and keying using custom generated matte paintings
- VFX elements to enhance live action footage, such as particles/light/designs
- Advanced knowledge of Post Production workflows, codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends, including Post-Production and Production equipment
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Something looks off?