About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Business
Job Category: Sales
Salary: £55,000-70,000 GBP
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
Do you want to work in a dynamic and creative environment for the world's leading independent digital media company across brands like Tasty, HuffPost and Seasoned?
Do you have previous experience selling digital advertising to media agencies and brands?
Do you take a consultative approach but you also know that sales is a numbers game?
We are looking for a Client Partner with a passion for social content-driven advertising and marketing inclusive of native, affiliate, media, experiential, and data to join our sales team in London.
You will have experience in digital/experiential media and a proven track record within sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation, and customer service skills. You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
- Sell cross platform advertising solutions across multiple platforms and products including content, video and display
- Provide campaigns that excite and resonate with our clients 24 million audience each month
- Create clear sales materials and pitches to generate new business on your account list focused across multiple sectors
- Build and maintain strong agency and client relationships,
- Client and agency education
- Act as a representative of BuzzFeed Inc. and all of the brands that fall under that umbrella
- Creatively build a pipeline and maintain a high level of activity
- Prepare for and manage business meetings with clients ranging from junior-level senior agency buyers to CMOs.
- Develop a sales strategy and business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands and agencies
- Host virtual and in-person presentations, as well as client events
- Utilise extensive knowledge of assigned clients, including their internal structure, agency partners, etc. to uncover new opportunities for revenue
- Be an expert on social media, content marketing, mobile and digital video
- 6+ years of previous digital media & sales experience
- Track record at a publisher or social media platform in digital sales to Media Agencies
- Demonstrated an ability to creatively problem solve revenue generating solutions/products/strategies to answer client business challenges
- Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, discovery, pitching, closing, renewing and upselling
- Intellectual curiosity, an entrepreneurial spirit and a great attitude
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
- Experience navigating the internet and social platforms
- A desire to learn and adapt in an ever changing industry
- Deep network of agency and advertiser relationships
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.