Account Executive, Government
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking a Government Full Cycle Representative to join the government team. We are looking for someone to work both inbound and outbound sales conversations for programs that qualify for our government contracts. You’ll be in contact with a large volume of customers on a daily basis with a relentless focus to sourcing new opportunities and forming trusting customer relationships to guide them through the full sales journey.
Overall, we are looking for someone who is passionate about helping our customers succeed. You are a people person who loves being on the phone and/or sending email campaigns. You are always curious and eager to understand someone’s challenges and needs. You are a problem solver who can figure out ways to acquire customers creatively. You are energized by working at a startup on a rapidly growing team where our goals and processes evolve every day. You are comfortable owning aggressive sales goals and you are always looking for ways to improve. And you’re passionate about technology and improving the world through education.
What You’ll Do
- Work leads that qualify for free access to brightwheel as a result of a government contract
- Determine and deliver creative ways to get mass buy-in from potential program participants, i.e., presentations, email campaigns, and marketing materials
- Cold calling and emailing outreach to set product demonstrations and follow-up with prospects as necessary to ensure attendance at the demonstrations
- Run product demonstrations, tailoring your presentation to the prospect’s needs and challenges to maximize the value created
- Provide continuous feedback and suggestions for how to improve output and success
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Cold calling experience required
- Comfort navigating ambiguity in an ever-changing role
- Showcase deep care for our customers, putting their needs first and bringing energy and intention to every customer interaction
- Proven experience achieving and pushing past goals and quotas
- Hunger to continue developing your skills and mastering your craft
- Tendency to celebrate wins, not shy away from misses, and ability to learn from both
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.