Customer Engagement, Education Upsell Specialist
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who we are
We’re building the first mobile platform for early education – a $60B market in the US alone – with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe. Based in San Francisco & Denver, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform that has a measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and children. The team includes former Amazon, eBay, LinkedIn, Square, and Zynga staffers, and investors include GGV Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Eniac, ICONIQ, and Mark Cuban.
Who you are
We are looking for someone passionate about helping our customers succeed. You are a people person and a customer person. You are excited to spend all day on zooms and phone calls with our customers. You thrive on a challenge and getting the customer the best product that fits their needs. You are curious, a problem-solver, a go-getter. You are passionate about improving the world through education and technology. You are excited about working at a startup on a rapidly growing team where our goals, roles, and incredible opportunities evolve every day.
What you'll do
- Conduct sales demos for potential customers, showcasing our products and services in a compelling and informative manner
- Tailor each demo to the specific needs and interests of the customer, using active listening skills to understand their pain points and goals
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our products and how they can benefit different types of customers
- Develop and execute a sales strategy to meet or exceed sales targets
- Build relationships with key decision-makers within schools to understand their needs and priorities
- Present our products and services in a compelling and informative manner, using active listening skills to tailor presentations to the needs of each customer
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with customers, ensuring that both parties are satisfied with the terms
- Continuously improve our demo process and materials, incorporating feedback from customers and colleagues
- Act as the “voice of the customer,” providing input to Product and Engineering teams as well as to upstream customer teams
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in sales or account management is required
- Proven track record of hitting/exceeding challenging goals
- Experience in an early childhood education setting
- Comfort with a high volume/velocity sales approach (e.g., 30+ calls/day, 5-7 demos a day)
- Excellent communication, organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- High level of comfort with ambiguity - this is one of our newest teams, and the role and goals will change over time
- Preferred: Salesforce, basic Excel/Google Sheets, experience in a startup environment
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In addition to equity, our annual cash compensation for this role in all US-based locations is overall on-target earnings of $80,000 yearly. There is an hourly rate of $19.24 USD (which comes to $40,000 yearly at 40hr/week). Additionally, we include a competitive, uncapped commission plan.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at brightwheel
Something looks off?