Business intelligence Analyst
Every career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story.
Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be you ... be here.
Job SummaryThe Business Intelligence Analyst is a developing-level professional with data acquisition skills for reporting and data integration with our Finance department’s applications. This Analyst is part of a small agile team serving as an apprentice to subject matter expert team members. This role spends time researching and querying the Enterprise Data stores and other data sources to provide solutions to meet financial-related queries and troubleshoots and answers questions of our financial data community. This role operates as part of our Financial Applications Data Sourcing team, a “Business-Led IT” model that is embedded within the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) organization for Bread Financial. The Financial Applications Data Sourcing team plays a key role in the CFO organization’s pursuit of Operational Excellence by deploying technology and reporting solutions that help simplify, automate and improve finance and accounting processes.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for development and support of queries producing both ad-hoc and repeatable datasets from available data sources to meet finance customers business needs. This Analyst is also responsible for project-related documents, diagrams, timelines, and ensuring project deadlines are met. In addition to development of financial queries, this role completes unit testing and works with finance business partners on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and supports other areas of the Financial Applications team in trouble-shooting financial application integrations, defining integration requirements and providing production support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Project Management - Plan, scope, execute and complete technology projects using either a traditional or agile approach. Work effectively under time constraints and changing priorities to deliver on promised outcomes. Provide timely and informative status updates. Ensure all key processes are documented, support tickets are worked, and development projects are tracked in a centralized manner. Operate in a highly matrixed, rapidly growing environment and prioritize shifting business and user needs.
- Documentation and Requirements - Work with departmental representatives and Financial Transformation Office (FTO) team to document requirements. Responsible to document and execute test plans with detailed test scripts, which include verifying accuracy of financial calculations and confirming expected results of changes to the financial systems. Provide documentation of the test results for migration to production systems. Ensure compliance with finance data dictionary and other financial data governance processes.
- Relationship Management - Provide solution delivery and customer service to finance and accounting users and FTO projects. Analyze business problems, recommend solutions, and collaborate with stakeholders to resolve problems while working to gain consensus on the best solution. Communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences, users, and management as needed. Demonstrate presentation skills and communicate confidently and effectively with all levels of the organization. Exhibit a continuous improvement mindset, drives process simplification and automation, and support the Finance Transformation Office mission. Demonstrate value-add behaviors to the Operational Excellence culture of the CFO organization.
- Training - Possess a curious aptitude for on-the-job training to build a functional understanding of fintech and banking products, including loans and deposits with an emphasis on credit card revolving credit. Develop, deliver, and update training content to support financial system end users. Keep a centralized document repository updated with current training materials. Ensure teammate back-ups are trained on all key processes.
Reports to: Director, Financial Applications (Data Sourcing)
Direct Reports: None
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
This position is hybrid with an onsite schedule of 3-4 days per month. In-office requirements are subject to change based on business needs. This position is currently available to candidates that reside within 60 miles of Columbus, OH or Plano, TX.
Some travel may be required.
High School Diploma or GED.
3+ years of technology experience supporting the development lifecycle for technical deliverables, requirements-gathering, solution design, and/or unit-testing through supporting user acceptance and production support.
2+ years’ experience with code development or development of SQL solutions against an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business data analytics, finance, accounting, or related field of study.
Experience developing and supporting complex SQL queries.
Experience in Financial Services, FinTech, or Banking relating to banking products and loans including revolving credit products.
Experience with financial reporting, dashboarding and data visualization.
Advanced experience with SQL, Databricks, WinSQL, Dataiku or Allteryx.
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Typical Starting Range:$69,900.00 - $126,600.00
Full Salary Range for position:California: $80,400.00 - $158,300.00Colorado: $69,900.00 - $133,000.00New York: $76,900.00 - $158,300.00Washington: $73,400.00 - $145,600.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates (except those located in Illinois) receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safe Time (“PSST”) upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year. Illinois associates receive 40 hours of Illinois PSST upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year and 40 hours of Illinois Paid Leave upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year. Illinois Paid Leave must be used before associates in Illinois will be approved to take FTO.
Hired associates will be able to elect the purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at TaOps@breadfinancial.com.
Job Family:Finance & Accounting