Specialist - Information Architecture and Data Protection
Every career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story.
Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be you ... be here.
Job SummaryThe Specialist, Information Architecture and Data Protection is a subject matter expert in the Data Management team and demonstrates capabilities and expertise across key areas of data lifecycle such as Records Retention, Information Architecture. This role includes assisting the Data Records Retention, Master Data and Protection Director in building and executing the overall data management roadmap using a team of dedicated data management resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Information Architecture: Work to establish an Information Architecture across all the data assets. Establish Systems of Record for Critical Data Elements, build conceptual data models and data flows, and ensure that lineage of data is correctly built and verified.
- Records Retention: Assist with the implementation of Records Retention capability within the organization. This implementation includes building an approach for Records Management with the tools/technologies required to archive data and build an overall architecture for how records will be archived and deleted. Additional work involves helping platforms build their data retention procedures, provide feedback on records retention schedules and streamline the processes between physical and data records.
- Master Data Governance: Participate in master data initiatives, such as the single view of customer. Master data initiatives involve the entire lifecycle from the creation of the data, ensuring its quality, determining the rules of mastering and ultimately its destruction. An additional component of this role is the governance of reference data.
- Stakeholder Management: Data Management activities require involvement of business data owners and stewards. This Specialist, Information Architecture and Data Protection role assists in interactions with data owners, platform owners and stewards and represents the team in key meetings with business and technology.
- Technical and Business Knowledge: Possess knowledge of data governance and data management capabilities and encompass a background in financial services. Additional skills include knowledge of information architecture, data records management, master data, and reference data management.
Reports To: Director, Data Records Retention, Master Data and Protection
Direct Reports: None
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel may be required.
- This position is hybrid with on an offsite scheduled of 3-4 days per month. In-office requirements are subject to change based on business needs. This position is currently available to candidates that reside within 60 miles Columbus, OH; or Plano, TX.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field of study.
- 7+ years of experience working in Data management, Data modeling, Master Data Governance and governance of Reference Data Management.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field of study.
- Experience working in Data Engineering and Data Governance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Agile methodology
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions
- Data Modeling and Information Architecture
- Database Platform technologies
- Data Archival Platforms (e.g. OpenText)
- Written and oral communication skills
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Typical Starting Range:$106,200.00 - $192,400.00
Full Salary Range for position:California: $122,000.00 - $240,600.00Colorado: $106,200.00 - $202,000.00New York: $116,800.00 - $240,600.00Washington: $111,400.00 - $221,100.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safety Time per calendar year at the beginning of each year and is prorated in the associate’s first year of employment.
Hired associates will be able to elect to purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
Job Family:Data and Analytics