Shipping & Receiving Associate (Night Shift)
Bethlehem, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke)
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking a Shipping and Inventory Clerk to join the Farm Operations team. This role will oversee day to day duties required to manage the Receiving Dock and Inventory replenishment at Bowery’s vertical farm in Bethlehem, PA. This person will work closely with other members of Farm Operations, Facilities Maintenance, and Supply Chain teams.
Schedule: Night Shift (7:00 PM - 7:00 AM) on a Rotating Schedule (2-2-3)
What You’ll Do:
- Accept and signs for deliveries.
- Assist in unloading shipments from delivery truck.
- Uses pallet jacks to transport shipments from loading dock and around stockroom.
- Open boxes and inspect content of shipments.
- Verifies shipping invoice to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Maintains records of all received shipments.
- Stores, restocks, and shelves delivery items.
- Ensures area organization, cleanliness, and assists with trash removal.
- Conducts inventory of products, and logs data into inventory database.
- Conduct inventory audits and cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Communicate inventory delays or concerns with appropriate urgency to key stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve supply shortfalls by identifying missed deliveries.
- Complete order prep up for outbound shipping truck departures.
- Retrieve and organize packaged product based on each customers’ order to be shipped the following day.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to act like an owner and take on responsibility.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Exhibits ability to use inventory software efficiently.
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Works well with a team. Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Demonstrates solid problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper warehouse and factory safety procedures.
Benefits as Good as Our Greens:
- Free benefits from Day 1 for employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Heavily subsidized benefits for your family from Day 1
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents (full-time employees)
- Competitive vacation and sick time off
- 401K & company stock
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Free Mental Health Resources and Wellness Benefits, including Spring Health (personalized quality therapy and psychiatry for mental health needs), Headspace (unlimited access to guided meditation sessions, and Carrot (family forming support)
- Uniforms and PPE provided by Bowery
- Free leafy greens & more…
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be $20.50/ hour. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make a leveling assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Bowery is an equal-opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally-grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.