Maintenance & Reliability Manager
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke)
About The Role: Bowery Farming is solving the biggest challenges our food system is facing at a systemic level by re-thinking what agriculture looks like in a world with a rapidly increasing population and dwindling resources. This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery. We’re looking for someone that can learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
The Maintenance & Reliability Manager reports to the General Manager and will play a key role in maintaining our farm assets and increasing farm efficiency as we continue to grow. The leader will possess both people management and design/innovation skills. This role will ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained at the highest level and run safely and efficiently and will coordinate and implement preventive maintenance activities. Our ability to maintain healthy, efficient facilities and equipment operations will help drive Bowery’s growth into a worldwide network of interconnected farms.
What You'll Do:
- Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance team in areas such as safety, planning, TPM/reliability, cost, efficiency, quality, and labor utilization
- Develop and implement the farm’s overall preventive and predictive maintenance programs (PM,PdM), leveraging CMMS for planning and scheduling
- Utilize the CMMS, insure that preventative maintenance and demand work orders are completed on time and with high quality
- Implement reliability best practices in order to minimize downtime, MTTR, and maximize equipment efficiency
- Lead corrective, preventive and continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensure spare parts are stocked and critical equipment spare parts lists are maintained
- Champion the creation of and attainment of maintenance departmental goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Evaluate long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements and makes recommendations to Management
- Seek, develop, implement and facilitate training programs for all Maintenance personnel
- Responsible for farm facilities systems, building, and support equipment
- Facilitate the Lock-out Tag-out, Hot Work Permit, Confined Space Entry, and other critical safety programs
- Responsible for personnel functions - attendance, discipline, vacation approval, coverage, etc.
- Participate in recruitment, management and development of the maintenance team
- Support the creation and delivery of operational objectives, facilities services, programs and contracts for farm facility
- Drive a culture of safety, quality and accountability
- Participate in annual budget development, financial variance and operations analysis
- Assure capital projects, operations projects and reconfigurations are managed by the maintenance team with outstanding customer service
- Partner with support teams on new initiatives, site retrofits, etc
- Drive and support special projects and strategic initiatives
- Work with legal counsel to manage contracts and day to day operations where applicable
- Establish trust and maintain open, positive relationships with team, customers and vendors
- Conduct regular, formal site condition inspections and develop solutions for systemic needs
- Collaborate with regional and global peers to ensure consistency, lessons learned, and best practices across regions
Who You Are:
- Extensive experience in professional maintenance / facilities management or engineering experience required - a significant portion of which should demonstrate success in managing diverse teams, complex facilities and rapid growth
- Experience building and managing a team or department within a startup or entrepreneurial setting
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong customer service orientation
- Comfortable with legal terms and structures for standard commercial contracts
- Strong in supplier and stakeholder management
- Strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems in complex MEP environment
Benefits As Good As our Greens:
- To support you and your family, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance; mental health resources; family forming support; long-term and short-term disability insurance; FSA; HSA; commuter benefits and gym reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan and company stock options, so you can reap the benefits of every Bowery win
- The more balance, the better. We offer unlimited paid vacation, paid holiday - plus 16 weeks of paid parental leave so you can focus on what matters most
- From internal mobility to a mentorship program and curated L&D initiatives, we are fully invested in your growth
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be $150,000. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make a leveling assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Bowery is an equal opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team