Production Associate (Modern Farmer)
Bethlehem, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2023
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke)
About The Role:
When you join the Bowery Farming team as a Modern Farmer, you’ll get a chance to be a part of a team that produces fresh leafy greens. In this hands-on role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our products and assisting in the daily care of our plants.
As a fast-growing company, this role will allow you the potential to learn about the business with career paths in Food Safety, Production, Quality Control, Shipping and Receiving, and Farm leadership roles. If you’re up for learning quickly, thriving in a fast-paced & being flexible, apply now to see what Bowery Farming is all about!
To be considered for the Modern Farmer opportunity, please complete our WonScore Assessment by clicking HERE.
What You'll Do:
- Seed, transplant, harvest, and pack our crops to get ready for customer shipment
- Keep the farm, farm equipment, and work areas clean and organized using the 5S methodology
- Be a leader when it comes to using personal protective equipment and adhering to workforce safety and food safety practices
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure we’re producing excellent food
- Operate as a team and participate in improvement projects to help drive world-class operations initiatives
- Work with integrated technology and operating systems to manage the farm and our plants
Who You Are:
- Ability to work full-time (average 40 hours per week) on a rotating shift schedule
- Ability to work in a cold climate-controlled environment which is around 35℉
- Ability to practice safe work habits in a food-safe environment at all times
- Self-starter who gets involved quickly and takes on complex tasks with enthusiasm
- Maintains a high productivity level by operating with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and effectiveness over an extended period of time
- Ability to take direction and implement changes quickly
- Work up to 4 days per week for 12-hour shifts (breaks and lunch included)
- Ability to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays that land on your scheduled days
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years old
Benefits As Good As Our Greens:
- Starting hourly rate is $18.00/hour + annual increases
- Free benefits from Day 1 for employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Heavily subsidized benefits for your family from Day 1
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents (full-time employees)
- Competitive vacation and sick time off
- 401K & company stock
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Free Mental Health Resources and Wellness Benefits, including Spring Health (personalized quality therapy and psychiatry for mental health needs), Headspace (unlimited access to guided meditation sessions, and Carrot (family forming support)
- Uniforms and PPE provided by Bowery
- Free leafy greens & more…
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be $18.00/hour. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make a leveling assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Bowery is an equal-opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally-grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.
See more open positions at Bowery Farming
Something looks off?