Regulatory Compliance Manager (Remote)
At Booster, we believe the world deserves better energy solutions to power the movement of people and things. Our mobile energy platform enables us to simplify the market’s access to energy. We deliver conventional and renewable fuels directly to fleet vehicles nationwide, lowering carbon emissions, reducing costs, and providing access to sustainable fuels. At a time when the urgent desire to transition to a more sustainable energy future is far outpacing the development of infrastructure, Booster provides a critical solution for Amazon, Imperfect Foods, UPS, Zum, and hundreds of other customers — no filling stations, truck stops, or off-route trips required. We believe in elevating standards around energy and the environment and are committed to helping our customers seamlessly convert to sustainable energy alternatives while reducing their energy consumption. After all, taking a more holistic approach to sustainability drives value for our employees, customers, and the communities where we live, work and play.
About the Role
Booster is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our Public Policy team, which is responsible for paving the way for Booster expansion by engaging with elected officials and regulators to evangelize the Booster fuel delivery model. Energy delivery is a heavily-regulated industry and therefore requires stellar relationship building and legislative/regulatory work. As the Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will interact with legislators and regulatory officials to pave the way and change how energy gets delivered. You should have at least 3-4 years of policy or campaign experience to be successful in this role.
What You’ll do
● Paint the “Booster future” for policymakers and walk them through the journey into this future.
● Support the Public Policy team by reaching out to and working with local and regional regulators
to gain compliance and build trust.
● Help to educate local policymakers on Booster’s environmental, safety, public health and
economic development benefits.
● Research federal, state, and local regulations as it pertains to mobile fueling.
● Focus will be on policy areas within fire prevention and air/land/water/environmental protection.
● Work with various teams to develop materials sufficient for outreach.
● Review and aid in the development of policy briefings, presentations, and fact sheets.
● A bachelor’s degree or higher with 3-4 years of federal, state or local policy experience and/or campaign experience.
● Experience building and strengthening relationships with regulators and politicians.
● Ability to determine the appropriate regulatory parties/offices and handle outreach to those
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
● Must be self-motivated and be able to thrive during an exciting upcoming growth period and must be able to work and thrive in a remote work environment.
● Ability to frequently travel offsite for different regulatory meetings (e.g. City Hall, State Legislature)
● Team player with a demonstrated track record of cross-functional collaboration.
● Start-up experience is a plus.
Not sure if you meet the qualifications? Apply anyway! We’re building a diverse team with perspectives from every industry. If you find yourself meeting some but not all of the above, we’d still love to hear from you!
What makes Booster different?
● Committed to Equity and Inclusion and you’ll notice it in our process
● 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage for
● Unlimited PTO
● Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with strong VC backing
Check us out!
The Disruptive Voice Podcast, Fueling the Energy Transition: A Conversation with Frank MyCroft
CNBC, Booster is making renewable fuels accessible in ways a gas station cannot
Freight Waves, Truck Tech: Who needs infrastructure edition
Read about Booster’s company culture, sustainability initiatives, product offerings and more on the Booster Blog.
Booster continues to win awards: Inc. Best in Business 2022, Timmy Awards Best Tech for Good San Francisco Bay Finalist 2022, Forbes Top Startup Employers 2022, Women in Trucking’s 2022 Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation, Forbes Top Startup Employers 2021, and more.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram!
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.