PLM Integration Architect
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom is seeking an experienced PLM Architect to join as a member of a small but growing team who will be responsible to implement capabilities across engineering disciplines (e.g. Airframe, Mechanical Systems, and Powerplant) within the design (CAD) and product lifecycle management (PLM) platform composed of Dassault 3DExperience ENOVIA and CATIA V6. This 3DExperience environment is home to the design and production data of the Overture aircraft.
The PLM Supplier Integration Architect is responsible for planning, designing, organizing, configuring, enhancing and administering the essential foundation of data management for external suppliers enabling their capabilities in aircraft development within the 3DExperience platform.
- Develop data management foundations for supplier integration
- Liaise with the supply base across all aspects of product development including data exchange/translation management, aircraft configuration control, workflow definition etc.
- Daily tasks include collaboration with various lead department data owners, architecting/implementing workflows and data integrations with internal and external systems
- Manage control mechanisms to ensure program defined internal and external data access
- Model, document and develop design package configuration, release and change control procedures
- Participate in program meetings as needed to identify new requirements and foster support for future projects to enhance and/or expand the functionality of data management on the PLM environment
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of PLM supplier integration experience
- 10+ years experience operating in a production PLM software environment designing, building, configuring and deploying scalable, highly-available systems.
- A thorough understanding of the Dassault Systemes 3DExperience Data Model with aerospace process understanding across engineering disciplines (e.g. Airframe, Mechanical Systems, and Powerplant), process-to-technology mapping capabilities, and a solid grasp of data integration capabilities.
- Deep knowledge of data management solutions as they relate to electronically stored documents, 3D models, substantiation and design data packages.
- A detailed understanding of aircraft configuration principles including reconciliation between OEM and vendor design/manufacturing systems.
- Operational experience managing company release, agency record, and controlled data (i.e FAA, ITAR, EAR).
- In-depth knowledge of PLM development tools, coding languages and business processes.
- A strong technical individual contributor that is able to optimistically approach business requirements and software application problems, effectively diagnosing them and driving them to a resolution
- A learners mindset, proactive/self-directed with a strong desire to improve with technical curiosity and willingness to explore beyond previous experiences
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with PLM integrations to ERP and MES systems
- Experience working with cloud based architecture for major systems
The Base Salary Range for this position is $136,000 - $172,000. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.