Strategic Sales AE (Director)
Bolt is on a mission to democratize commerce. We relentlessly prioritize our retailers—putting their brands front and center while enabling frictionless shopping at any touchpoint in the customer journey. At the center of it all is our rapidly growing universal shopper network—Bolt merchants such as Saks OFF 5TH, Revolve, and Casper can access tens of millions of shoppers, offering them a best-in-class checkout.
And revolutionizing ecommerce is only half of the equation—we’re also transforming the way we work. At Bolt, we have created a work environment where people learn to drive impact, take risks and make big bets, and grow from feedback, all while feeling welcomed and accepted for who they are. Come join us on the adventure today!
Our Strategic Enterprise Executive is the most senior Individual Contributor on the Sales team.
- Generate new business opportunities by selling directly to top tier e-commerce decision makers, including C-level executives and other key stakeholders
- Manage 6-18 month sales cycles, including dovetailing customer requirements and Bolt’s current or adjusted roadmap
- Manage customer-side buying process from discovering / creating need, building a business case to a formal RFP, procurement to IT security review process
- Close deals in net new accounts that push the boundary of Bolt’s existing serviceable available market (SAM)
- Present a thorough segment plan within first 90 days
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, contacts, next steps, and forecasting in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Work closely with solution engineering and product to understand strategic enterprise use cases and needs
- Effectively prioritize opportunities, and ensure an optimal level of satisfaction among customers
- Significant experience selling to named strategic accounts at larger companies, having achieved deal outcomes well into the six figures
- Experience utilizing a solution and value selling approach while exceeding activity, pipeline and revenue targets
- Prior success in analytics, cloud, or SaaS sales
- Extensive experience building customer relationships and negotiating complex deals by having a deep understanding of business cases
- Experience selling innovative and disruptive products, building trust without deep product evaluations, leveraging multiple use cases, and compressing your deal cycles
- Passion for communicating value to senior stakeholders and figuring out creative ways to create success and develop new business cases internally for the company
- Creative contract negotiation techniques, deal structuring
- Flexibility to travel for some deals post-Covid
Nice to haves:
- 15+ years of quota-carrying sales experience
- A four-year technical bachelor degree or MBA from a top-tier university
- Demonstrated excellence in something outside of work
- Ability to simply articulate intricate payments and analytics concepts
- An energetic self-starter who is proactive in holding yourself accountable to a consistent sales process
- Comfortable challenging the opinions of executives or peers throughout Bolt
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).