Head of Partnerships (VP/Director)
By offering frictionless shopper recognition, account creation, and a secure, one-click checkout, Bolt helps merchants build long-term relationships with their customers and increase conversion. At the center of it all is the rapidly growing Bolt network, which connects hundreds of merchants such as Revolve, Saks Off 5th, Casper, and Benefit Cosmetics to tens of millions of shoppers. Bolt’s universal account network is the only solution that works within a merchant’s native checkouts—allowing their brand to remain front and center while logging in more shoppers – password-lessly – to offer a personalized shopping experience and a seamless checkout. To learn more, visit www.bolt.com.
Bolt is seeking a seasoned, and results-driven partnerships leader who is passionate about fintech, e-commerce, retail brands, and dealmaking to lead our key financial and other strategic partnerships. This individual will proactively identify and establish new growth and revenue opportunities, aligning them strategically within the fintech landscape. You will play a central role in sourcing, strategic deal-making, and cultivating executive and key stakeholder relationships with our partners. Financial partners could include banks, payment processors, fraud mitigation providers, and alternative payment method platforms. Collaboration with Bolt’s executive leadership and cross-functional teams will be vital, ensuring deals align with Bolt’s product vision and the needs of our merchant customers and Bolt shoppers. Success will be measured on the impact driven across the growth of our network, net-new revenue, and contributions to our overall vision and strategy.
- Create the strategy and execution plan for all of our financial partnerships at Bolt
- Lead full BD deal lifecycle end-to-end, including strategy/planning, pipeline development, outreach, pitching & selling, terms negotiation, launch planning, and execution
- Execute impactful partnerships working closely with our partners across PSPs, Banks, APMs and Card Networks
- Drive new deal opportunities, while aligning closely with cross-functional teams across product, legal, finance, sales, and marketing.
- Maintain robust executive relationships with our financial partners across Bolt
- Be the financial partnerships expert at the company and represent Bolt in relevant executive level conversations and at industry conferences
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in business development or partnerships, ideally within the fintech or financial services industry
- Payments experience, strong POV on the future of payments informed by experience and thought leadership
- A robust network and strong executive connections and relationships within the fintech industry
- Ability to represent Bolt at the executive level across ecosystem partners
- Must have end-to-end deal experience, fluent in lifecycle of forming fintech partnerships from sourcing through commercialization
- Brings a strong analytical framework to internal business cases and presenting data at the executive level
- Strong product acumen, someone that understands how financial products work
- Impact agent - someone that is willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done with a sense of urgency
- Skilled at managing internal and external stakeholders through a multi-month deal process
- Possess a driven and curious mindset, adept at identifying and prioritizing opportunities
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).