Business Analytics Manager
Your role at Bolt
We are witnessing a massive shift of consumer presence from offline to online. With this, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe leading the next generation of e-commerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments, and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
The BI and Data Analytics function serves as a centralized business operation that is responsible for analyzing, reporting, and disseminating critical business data to different groups in the organization. The group serves as an important business partner to different teams by helping to design foundational systems and processes and deliver key insights to various stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large, complex data sets, experience in the technology industry, exceptional analytical skills, and a track record of developing technical solutions.
Finance is about leveraging numbers and data to unlock key business insights and enable our cross-functional partners. The team is responsible for helping to drive decision-making and company strategy through financial data.
As a member of the Finance team, the person will get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest-priority business issues and gain an understanding of every facet of a hyper-growth eCommerce business. They will establish and execute a vision for the delivery of information and analytics solutions. They will be responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of a data strategy focused on providing stakeholders with the data and analysis needed to drive the business forward.
This position reports directly to the CFO.
What you will be doing
The role will have a few big projects each quarter (tying to the team and company OKRs) while focusing on establishing and delivering the systems, processes, and reporting needed to drive the business forward. Some responsibilities include:
- Single Source of Truth: Partner with other orgs to establish a single source of truth for Bolt’s foundational business and financial metrics at the most granular level
- Data Integrity: Partner with product and engineering teams to understand how we ingest data into our various systems across multiple sources to ensure we have reporting of one core, accurate data set with common data definitions
- Create Data / Run Queries: Create a variety of recurring and ad hoc tables / scripts needed to effectively pull data from systems and partner with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver analyses
- Analysis: Analyze operational financial results and key performance indicators/metrics on a recurring basis, and understand drivers of business growth, risk, and opportunities for growth
- Reporting: Design, build, maintain, and improve automated reporting, dashboards, and analyses in a digestible format to enable Finance and cross-functional partners to closely monitor KPIs and enable the success of product offerings and partnerships
- Planning & FPA: Partner with the Finance and Strategy team on formulating long-range planning, budgeting, monthly variance reporting, and tradeoff discussions through the effective use of data
- Accounting - Rev Rec: Coordinate with accounting and product teams to identify and understand critical revenue data points and provide supporting documentation for billing and revenue recognition
- Partnerships + Strategy: Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, and formulate a roadmap of project activity that leads to measurable improvement in business performance metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs) over time.
- Data Analysts: Partner with other Data and Analytics groups and functional areas in defining methodology, procedures, or systems.
- Data Management: Support the Data Infrastructure team on data architecture and other system-related trade-offs to execute business intelligence solutions
What would set you up for success
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Business Management, Data Sciences, Engineering or similar.
- 8+ years of experience working in business intelligence, analytics or similar roles with experience in payments, enterprise software, and/or consumer fintech
- Experience in payments, eCommerce, and/or fintech is a strong plus
- Proven experience in thriving and leading in a successful business intelligence organization
- Experience with data architecture and applying advanced analytic disciplines, methods, and techniques to large data sets
- Significant previous experience in a hands-on, data-focused role; familiar with Advanced SQL skills
- Strong analytical background with business acumen and experience in business and analytical consulting.
- Quick study with the ability to multi-task, prioritize according to business needs and perform effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to think independently, translate data to actionable insights and consider downstream impact
- Broad knowledge of business processes, business metrics, business systems, and interrelationships between organizations
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).
Something looks off?