Backend Software Engineer, Serving
Beeswax’s mission is to build great advertising software. Our product is an easy to use, massive scale and high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We offer our customers the most extensible and transparent advertising system in the world and process millions of transactions per second. We offer our employees a culture of transparency and one with many challenging problems to solve - whether our employees are competing at game night or coming up with bee puns, they remain a close-knit group.
Beeswax is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Serving team. This team develops large-scale real-time OLTP applications which ingest ad auctions and implement complex bidding strategies for Beeswax’s customers. They are the backbone of Beeswax’s business and handle millions of requests per second with a 99 percentile latency of 30ms.
AS AN ENGINEER ON THE SERVING TEAM YOU WILL:
- Develop data-driven / model-driven features for our customers to accomplish their marketing campaigns.
- Scale our distributed application and infrastructure to the next level.
- Optimize algorithms and software architectures to save cloud hosting costs.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- An understanding of what it means to build systems at scale - if you love articles on highscalability.com you’ll fit right in.
- A grasp of software architecture (either through a degree or from learning it themselves).
- Experience with optimizing performance, scaling and data modeling.
- Significant experience with compiled programming languages such as C++, Java, Golang, C#, Scala or Rust.
- Experience working with distributed databases such as Areospike, Cassandra or Redis.
- Comfort in a Linux ecosystem
SUCCESSFUL ENGINEERS AT BEESWAX VALUE:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first.
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now.
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it problem solve in all sorts of domains.
- An openness to feedback and more than just the spelling skills to know that there’s no I in Team.
- An appreciation of repeatability, observability, and operational simplicity.
MORE ABOUT US:
- Beeswax was founded in 2014 and since then we’ve raised $28M in funding from leading VCs including RRE and Foundry Group and have grown rapidly.
- We believe in and invest in personal growth and we’ve got the results to back it up: we’ve been recognized as one of America’s Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. 5000, we’ve won several Best Places to Work awards, and our team loves the culture.
- We value diversity and incorporate different professional experiences on our product & engineering teams. Some of our teammates hail from tech companies like Google, Amazon and Facebook; others from financial giants like Bloomberg and Bank of America; and more from some great software engineering cultures such as Compass and x.ai.