Inventory Control Manager
Network Inventory Control Manager
Columbus, OH (travel required to Cincinnati and North Las Vegas sites)
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Our Pup's “first hand” experience depends on us! Our goal…to tirelessly work towards best in class service fulfillment of every dog's order. Our team’s focus and commitment is dedicated to fulfilling as efficiently, reliably, and inexpensively as possible. Internally, our Planning, Product, and Growth teams are our best friends. Together, we make the engine run to ensure EVERY dog parent gets what they paid for!
WHO WE’RE SNIFFING FOR
With the leadership and support of the Fulfillment and Supply Chain Operations, the Inventory Control Manager builds capabilities within the overall 3P network and achieves results for Inventory efficiencies. They will carry out extensive analysis and research as they come to understand and correct any vacancies in our inventory. They will ensure and all inventory control KPIs are adhered to across the network as well as ensuring documented inventory control processes in our fulfillment network. They will work cross-functionally with key partners in our Planning, Analytics, and Logistics teams to effectively achieve or exceed goals, producing outcomes in line with the company vision including our end of year physical inventory. They are a leading example of self-development to those around them and, at their heart, “must love dogs.” You can also find the Inventory Manager present on the floor analyzing current products and processes to ensure the highest quality for both the customer and Bark supply chain.
- Own Inventory Control financial metrics (loss and damage-related shrink) and implement processes and corrective actions aimed at continuous improvement.
- Partner with our accounting and system partners to reconcile inventory monthly, ensuring internal direction and processes are followed and inventory movements are accurately reflected in BARK systems.
- Create Multi-level reporting to give insights into Inventory control (such as location accuracy, net accuracy, kitting accuracy) using these metrics as a baseline to drive operational improvements in collaboration with other functions.
- Collaborate with our warehouse partners to ensure and be accountable for inventory accuracy by managing compliance programs, including regular cycle and annual physical inventory counts as well as all inventory control KPIs and SLAs.
- Ongoing focus on achieving efficiencies by identifying solutions, developing and communicating requirements to internal and external partners with respect to data, systems, process and operational needs for inventory management
- You have 5+ years of experience in fulfillment/distribution center operations, inventory control, quality control, and/or supply chain engineering
- You have relevant e-commerce, retail, or subscription fulfillment operational experience and have experience managing teams.
- You have experience in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies that continuously focuses on waste within the operation and can drive inventory and quality program management in a fulfillment/distribution setting
- You have a solid understanding of all aspects of warehousing management systems.
- You have strong leadership and motivational skills.
- You have exceptional integrity.
- You have excellent planning and organizational capability.
This is a salaried position. It is located on-site at one of our office or warehouse locations in Columbus, OH. Will also consider Cincinnati, OH candidates.
We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team and a dog to pet anytime you wish!
- The base salary range for this position is $87,000-109,000K
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting and may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills and expertise.