Data Quality Engineer
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Meet the Data, Analytics & Machine Learning (DAML) Team, a squad of professionals dedicated to transforming how BARK leverages data to create delightful experiences for dogs and their humans. Comprising data scientists, data engineers, and BI professionals, we're a close-knit family united by our passion for innovation, creativity, and, of course, our love for dogs.
Here's what sets us apart:
Innovation: We employ cutting-edge techniques to analyze and manipulate data, driving key business decisions and enhancing customer experiences.
Collaboration: Creativity meets collaboration in our team, where data-driven insights are paired with dog-driven enthusiasm.
Culture: We celebrate our unique quirks and talents, fostering a diverse, lively, and supportive environment where everyone has a voice.
This high visibility role offers an opportunity to join our dynamic squad, working hand-in-paw with partners throughout BARK to deliver science-driven improvements across the business. If you're someone who thrives in a diverse, lively, and supportive environment, you might just be the perfect fit to join our pack!
WHO WE’RE SNIFFING FOR
We’re in search of a highly motivated QA Engineer to be a key player in BARK's data-driven decision-making process. Your primary responsibility will be to guarantee the highest quality of our data processes, with a special emphasis on SQL proficiency and a comprehensive understanding of data warehouses and BI tools. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring data accuracy, which will have a direct impact on various business areas, including marketing, product development, and finance. In this role, you will merge your keen eye for detail, technical acumen, leadership, and collaborative spirit with creative problem-solving skills. Your contributions will not only enhance our customer experiences but also align with our organizational goals, creating a significant and measurable impact within our passionate dog-loving community.
- Data Integrity: Responsible for validating and ensuring the integrity and accuracy of data throughout its lifecycle, from source to destination. This includes developing and executing test plans to confirm that data is correctly extracted, transformed, and loaded, maintaining its quality and reliability across different systems and platforms within the data pipeline and other data related projects
- Collaboration: Work across the DAML team to facilitate the development of new data assets, encompassing the entire data lifecycle from ETL to business reporting. Understand the data we are collecting/reporting and why.
- Testing: Implement automated tests for data integrity, accuracy, and performance.
- Documentation: Be the owner of testing and quality on the Data team. Identify, record, and document thoroughly any bugs or inconsistencies in data.
Ownership: Participate in the design and review of new data systems and processes to ensure quality is embedded from the start.
- You are a thoughtful, talented QA engineer with 3+ years of experience in similar roles.
- 3+ years of experience with a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with various teams in a dynamic environment, adapting swiftly to evolving requirements
- Demonstrated passion for working with data, complemented by a high level of attention to detail. This passion should be evident in their ability to meticulously analyze and manage data, ensuring accuracy and quality in all aspects of their work.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
SQL Proficiency: Knowledge of SQL with the ability to write queries and an understanding of data manipulation concepts required. Working familiarity with Redshift, Postgres and/or BigQuery.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey ideas and findings to peers and supervisors.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work well in a team, willingness to learn from and support colleagues.
- Attention to Detail: A technical mindset with a focus on accuracy and a dedication to quality in all tasks undertaken.
Adaptability: Solid problem-solving abilities and a keen eye for detail, coupled with the capacity to adapt in a dynamic work environment.Attention to Detail: A technical mindset with a focus on accuracy and a dedication to quality in all tasks undertaken.
This position is a full-time/salaried/exempt position. It is located remotely in the Philippines.
- The base salary range for this position is ₱629,500 - ₱786,890
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting and may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills and expertise.