Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Manager - Las Vegas
On-Site: Las Vegas, NV - Full Time
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Our Pup's “first hand” experience depends on us! Our goal…to tirelessly work towards best in class service fulfillment of every dog's order. Our team’s focus and commitment is dedicated to fulfilling as efficiently, reliably, and inexpensively as possible. Internally, our Planning, Product, and Growth teams are our best friends. Together, we make the engine run to ensure EVERY dog parent gets what they paid for!
WHO WE’RE SNIFFING FOR
With the leadership and support of the Fulfillment and Supply Chain Operations, the ICQA Manager builds capabilities within the overall 3P network and achieves results for Inventory and Quality efficiencies. They will carry out extensive analysis and research as they come to understand and correct any vacancies in our inventory. They will also lead quality assurance matters, proactively auditing team efficiency and driving process improvement. They will work cross-functionally with key partners in our Planning and Logistics teams to effectively achieve or exceed goals, producing outcomes in line with the company vision. They are a leading example of self-development to those around them and, at their heart, “must love dogs.” You can also find the ICQA Manager present on the floor analyzing current products and processes to ensure the highest quality for both the customer and Bark supply chain. The ICQA Manager is responsible for all aspects of their assigned operation, including all aspects of the 3P operation.
- Responsible for auditing, monitoring, reporting, and driving a “best in class” service level for Bark customers with our third party logistics partners (3PLs)
- Be a key partner with the CX/DX team to drive defect resolution from customer appeasement and replacements which are attributed to FC and Carrier operations
- Lead and supervise the Inventory control functions throughout all areas of the fulfillment center with emphasis on inventory flow, quality, safety, and production efficiency
- Monitor KPIs regarding accuracy and integrity of Quality and Inventory transactions; then provide feedback to Operations requiring action and timely resolution
- Perform daily/weekly audits, collaborating and communicating the findings of those audits within a Service Level Agreement (SLA) and then research and document root cause for follow-up to address the issue moving forward to ultimately improve inventory accuracy
- Ensures that all of our 3PLs are working to meet or exceed all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) set by Bark including On Time Fulfillment (OTF), On Time Delivery (OTD), Net/Absolute Adjustments and total Cost Per Order (CPO).
- Review and analyze customer defect data, while developing corresponding action plans to reduce and eliminate causes of any issues
- On a daily, weekly and monthly basis: develop and execute action plans for increasing quality, inventory accuracy and service satisfaction
- Seek out improvements to 3PL SOPs, processes, and manuals
- Manage and maintain strong relationships and contractual agreements
- Enforce compliance to the BARK 3PL Quality Manual and help to execute effective corrective actions
- Support food safety audits and certifications
- Drive continual improvement and quality throughout the fulfillment operations team
- Monitor and ensure updates of strategic projects and assignments in partnership with the Distribution and Logistics Manager as required
- You have 5+ years of experience in fulfillment/distribution center operations, inventory control, quality control, and/or supply chain engineering
- You have relevant e-commerce, retail, or subscription fulfillment operational experience and have experience managing teams.
- You have experience in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies that continuously focuses on waste within the operation and can drive quality program management in a fulfillment/distribution setting
- You have a solid understanding of all aspects of warehousing management systems.
- You have strong leadership and motivational skills.
- You have exceptional integrity.
- You have excellent planning and organizational capability.
This position is a full-time, salaried, on-site position and the preferred candidate is located near Las Vegas, NV. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team and a dog to pet anytime you wish!
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- The base salary range for this position is $85,000- $106,000
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting and may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills and expertise.