Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The Lifecycle Marketing team is transforming the way BARK engages with its millions of customers. We’re mobilizing big data, clever creative and multiple channels to build a 1:1 communications experience that anticipates and answers each customer’s needs across their lifetime with BARK (from prospect nurture & conversion to subscriber engagement & upsell to long-term retention & loyalty). If imagineering programs that deliver the right solution to the right dog at the right time sets your tail a-wagging (metaphorically speaking), then come join us!
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR
We are hiring a Lifecycle Marketing Manager focused on innovating and optimizing our multi-channel CRM program, with a focus on up-selling our current subscribers to add-on products. You will be responsible for introducing and converting our current subscribers to our amazing add-on products, with a particular focus on growing revenue.
As a marketing manager with our Lifecycle Marketing / CRM team, you should have a passion for direct response and lifecycle marketing with a strong email marketing background, and a knowledge of the SMS communication channel. You have a proven track-record developing high-impact up-sell campaigns at scale. If you love segmentation and personalization, and you love dogs and can use the first to help us delight the second, then this role’s for you!
- Develop and execute automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns across all CRM channels (including email and SMS) to increase revenue per user, LTV and add-on conversion.
- Continuously conduct A/B tests and analyze results to develop insights that maximize add-on revenue.
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies to maximize the conversion rate and LTV
- Collaborate with Product Development and E-Commerce Merchandising teams to identify and promote monthly cross-sell opportunities for key segments. ● Take ownership of all KPIs for your programs and lifecycle segments, and communicate results to partners and management team
- BA/BS in Business or Marketing degree preferred
- 2-4 years of lifecycle marketing experience with at least two years working in email or CRM marketing.
- Prior experience with direct-to-consumer or subscription-based services is a plus.
- HTML/CSS coding experience is a plus
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative teams to launch.
- Experience building communications programs through CRM and/or marketing automation systems (Simon Data, Braze, Iterable, HubSpot or similar platform).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proactive thinker and scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit.
- get-it-done attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent cross functional communication, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Positive attitude, collaborative, and must love dogs!
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, unlimited PTO, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
At BARK, we believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates a richer experience for our employees and customers. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Therefore, we actively encourage applications from individuals of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, ages, sexual orientations, disabilities, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our team unique. If you share our passion for dogs and are excited about working in an inclusive environment where your individuality is celebrated, we want to hear from you! Experience with dogs is a plus, but all backgrounds and experiences are valued here.
- The base salary range for this position is $110,000 -$123,000
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting and may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills and expertise.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.